What's new

The Men who made movies (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I belive it was Richard Shickle who interviewed about 8 famous directors (Howard Hawks, George Cuckor, William Wellman, Raoul Walsh)

are any of these on DVD, especially the Wellman one?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Several of them have popped up as bonus features on various discs (sometimes with the original Cliff Robertson narration replaced by Sidney Pollack), and TCM has played some of them occasionally, but I don't remember seeing the Wellman one since the original broadcast.

Schickel published the interviews in book form (which I have) and which include more soundbites from the directors than those that made their way into the documentaries.

jra66

Agent
Real Name
Jason Ader
Wellman can be found on Forbidden Hollywood Volume 3; Hawks can be found on Bringing up baby (2-disc collection only); Cukor can be found on Philadelphia Story (2-disc collection only).

A TCM copy is floating around the internet with the Sam Fuller episode, and I have also seen Hitchcock and Minnelli being sold from questionable websites.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks