What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: The Exorcist 50th Anniversary Edition (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Perhaps this has always been available on U.S. Amazon, but I am noticing for the first time that the import version of THE EXORCIST 4k can be had for $30 with free shipping.

Not noted on the packaging, but does this come with digital codes? I have the THEATRICAL on digital but not the EXTENDED. It's a toss-up whether to buy this disc or pay for the digital of the extended version.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No codes. And if you're buying it for the original art, please note the menu on the disc uses the new cover art so you're going to see it no matter what.

Thanks, Neil. I was made aware that horrible cover art is on the menu. No issue with that.

Without digital codes, I am thinking of foregoing the UK release and just buying the digital code for the extended version once it drops to $5, which it previously has.

I have been very happy with the 4k streaming quality of digital titles.

compson

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I vowed not to buy this shitty release

However, I will give in if the price drops to $9.99, which is highly plausible considering the other WB 4k price drops.

The situation is, that I only have the theatrical cut on digital. I want the extended Director cut. First, it's impossible to find on Apple TV if you already own the theatrical version. Looking at Cheap Charts, it currently costs $15 to own.

So, it's a race to ownership: If the disc drops to $9.99, I'll buy it. If the digital drops to $4.99, that will be my preferred purchase method.

I'll throw out the Slipcover and look to download, print, and replace the artwork with whatever alternative is floating around. For example:

View attachment 204119
Shitty? Todd Erwin rated video and audio 5 out of 5. So did RAH. But yeah, the cover’s bad, so . . . .

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Perhaps this has always been available on U.S. Amazon, but I am noticing for the first time that the import version of THE EXORCIST 4k can be had for $30 with free shipping.

Not noted on the packaging, but does this come with digital codes? I have the THEATRICAL on digital but not the EXTENDED. It's a toss-up whether to buy this disc or pay for the digital of the extended version.

Ron, here’s my suggestion: we still have a very active custom cover group on the forums. Fritz would probably work something up for you for a reasonable cost.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
US version is $15 on Amazon. Why would anyone spend twice as much for the import?

Shitty? Todd Erwin rated video and audio 5 out of 5. So did RAH. But yeah, the cover’s bad, so . . . .

Nothing to do with the transfer

Everything has to do with the cover and the fact it's a bare-boned release compared to the Import. The entire concept of the U.S. release was "Shitty."

In the end, since I already have the THEATRICAL on digital, I'll probably just buy the EXTENDED when it drops to $5 on iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks