What's new

The Frighteners: Director's Cut - 11-29-05 (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I just rewatched this the other night and wondered about the special edition release that was rumored a long time ago. I'd really like to see this long documentary. Hopefully Universal does this one right.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

dont get me started!

it better have all the extras of the ld and more.
If any more then 15 mins running time is devoted to king kong insted of the full doc i may saw my hands off with my bare bones copy.

Universal my blood may be on your hands .......... :angry:

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I thought a good portion of the 4.5 hour doc was storyboards with the score behind it? If that's true, they could add those without the music and still fit the rest of the doc on unaltered.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
I've read that there isn't really a 4 1/2 hours documentary on the LD but that all the extras combined (Documentary, Deleted Scenes, Trailer, Rehearsal, Storyboards, Bloopers, SFX featurettes) run 4 1/2 hours - if that's true then it should be no problem to put the shorter extras on side one and the documentary on side two.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I broke down and shelled out $250 for the DTS and Sig Coll LD releases last year. On one hand, I want the DVD to be released with all of the extras.

...on the other, I don't want to look like a jackass :)

Chuck Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a review that horrordvds.com did of the laserdisc set. Should answer questions as to what's been added as well as how extensive the supplements are.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'm ecstatic that one of my all time most wanted DVD releases is finally becoming a reality. I can finally put aside my undying need to buy the current edition since the Director's Cut is streeting November the 29th. I can't say how much I've been waiting for this DVD. I'm one happy camper.
:D

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
It's bizarre that Universal took so long to do so, you would think that following the success of the LOTR SE's this would have been a no-brainer....Oh...yeah....it's Universal.

Andy_MT

Second Unit

they had that covered already. you got a free sticker on the dvd case that said "from the director of ..." i believe. who needs a special edition when you've got that ...

but yes, some would say that was a missed opportunity to re-market this film. i'm sure they had their reasons.

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
Cool. I hope the UK 2 disc removes the cut to Combs' head explosion (the cut splits the shot in two while pushing forward Fox falling to bridge the cut). I hope they don't cut the full documentary for room for 'King Kong' related promo features.

Get 'Death Becomes Her' and 'Mars Attacks!' too. :)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
The 2002/2003 Miramax DVD of Heavenly Creatures is the uncut version and has a pretty damn good transfer IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks