What's new

The best sex scenes in movies (merged) (1 Viewer)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
All of Crash pretty muchy qualifies. A difficult, incredible, powerful film. It irks me that when I talk about how great Crash is, people will inevitably think of the recent, lesser film.

Another Cronenberg film with a memorable sex scene, to me: Dead Ringers. The brief scene between Bev and Claire, where she's tied up to the bed with rubber surgical straps, bathed in blue light. It's probably Howard Shore's music more than anything else that makes the scene, plus her poignant whispered dialogue about never being able to have a baby.

Cronenberg rules.

Regarding that Munich scene that was mentioned earlier - that one is a puzzler, but fascinating. A truly audacious use of cross-cutting that raises more questions than it answers. Is Avner having sex with his wife to try to banish these terrible images of violence from his mind? But why should he feel guilty about the Munich massacre, in which he played no part? Is he perhaps turned on by the violence? I find it interesting how Spielberg seems to associate sexual release with the voyeuristic narrative release of finally seeing the athletes get killed (which in some sense we've been waiting for and anticipating throughout the whole film).

There are numerous connections made between sexuality and death in that film. The terrifying killing of the beautiful, half-naked Dutch assassin, each man taking his turn with his little one-shot "pump," feels like a perverse gang-rape scene. Incredible material coming from Spielberg (and his best since Schindler's, I think).

--Jefferson Morris

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Let us not forget the fast forward ménage à trois in A Clockwork Orange set to Rossini's The Thieving Magpie...A.K.A. the Lone Ranger theme ;)

One of the more disturbing sex scenes (if you can call it sex...violence to be honest) was the rape/seduction/rape scene in Straw Dogs......totally difficult to watch...utterly difficult to truly understand her emotions as it happens....definitely gives the audience something to talk about, you don't forget it afterwards.

All time: the scene in Road House where a husband offers a guy to rub his wife's tits for ten bucks.

Sex scenes: Disclosure. Sex is power.

Out of Sight: Clooney and Lopez. So sensual.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Franco Zefferelli's Romeo & Juliet (1968).
Olivia Hussey was 14 going on 15 if I remember correctly, and Leonard Whiting was 16.
Their innocence is no act, and it's very poignant.

A love scene between Kate Nelligan and Donald Sutherland in Eye of the Needle was erotic and tense because, unknown to him, she had discovered that he is a deadly spy, and now her feelings are conflicted, but she goes through with it rather than alarm him.

The Lover
and Lust, Caution both generate considerable heat, not just because of the nudity, but because of the emotional subtext that engages us before the nudity starts.

James 'Tiger' Lee

Second Unit
Real Name
James Lee
Originally Posted by Richard--W

Franco Zefferelli's Romeo & Juliet (1968).
Olivia Hussey was 14 going on 15 if I remember correctly, and Leonard Whiting was 16.
Their innocence is no act, and it's very poignant.
If this was done now, I think it would be found to be illegal in the UK because of their underage status. But yes, its very moving.

I really like the sex scene in the unrated version of Jason Goes To Hell - well until its interupted!

Special mention goes to the "Harry Canyon segment" of Heavy Metal - sure it looks repulsive, but that Journey song rocks!

And Ingrid Pitt and Madaleine Smith in The Vampire Lovers! Pure bliss!

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

Should I be surprised that the scenes burned into my mind are those I saw at an inappropriate age?

- Terminator

- Less than Zero

- Kentucky Fried Movie

Ah, to be young and flummoxed.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

KFM -- I thought I was the only one. Totally hot and funny scene with the two teens knocking boots as the newscast watches.

My faves (off the top of my head):

Enemy at the Gates (no nudity but very hot)
American Psycho (flexing in the mirror as he bangs 2 hookers -- hilarious and bizarre)
Watchmen (Malin Ackerman is a sex bomb in that -- I don't care what anyone says)
P.S. (no nudity but very hot)
Mischief (best teen sex scene ever)

Never want to see again:

Boys Don't Cry (not the lesbian love scene -- put it that way)
Irreversible (tunnel scene)

Regarding Munich. For me the scene means that Bana's character is so distraught over the massacre and his part in the revenge that followed that it keeps him from enjoying the love of his wife -- prevents him from being completely intimate. He cannot escape the terror of that event or what followed. The man can't even make love to his wife. It's heartbreaking.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Brett_M

Reagrding Munich. For me the scene means that Bana's character is so distraught over the massacre and his part in the revenge that followed that it keeps him from enjoying the love of his wife -- prevents him from being completely intimate. He cannot escape the terror of that event or what followed. The man can't even make love to his wife. It's heartbreaking.
A valid interpretation. But he certainly doesn't seem to have been rendered impotent by the memories. It's a puzzling, provocative scene.

--Jefferson Morris

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
No love for the limo scene between Costner & Sean Young in No Way Out?

Agree with Body Heat; Kathleen Turner was incredibly hot back then.

Agree with Out of Sight between Clooney & Lopez (before Lopez was such a big deal, too) - there's the trunk scene and a bathtub scene later - both are very good (even if there was little to no nudity).

RyanAn

Screenwriter
You gotta understand, I like a lot of people, like sex scenes - the staging is just an added plus. I have some pretty serious viewpoints, anti-MPAA to the day I die, freedom of speech and I think you should be able to put what you want in a film. Although I could post some of the sauciest ones I've ever seen, I'm not sure if that is the intention of this thread.
That being said, the absoulete lamest sex scene in a movie has to be the one with Trinity and Neo in one of the Matrix's.
Some of the best done were in:
Brokeback Mountain - A truly beautiful movie.
Diishike and IceTray - Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
Mel Gibson and girl - Lethal Weapon
Mel Gibson and girl - Lethal Weapon II
Mel Gibson and Rene Russo - Lethal Weapon III
Hot Shots: Part Deux
Spy Hard and the Naked Gun series of course.

Throw in about 15 of the Kathleen Turner films from '80 to 93 and your good too. ;0

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
I like the 'Blade Runner' scene where Harrison Ford's Deckard roughs up Sean Young's Rachel a bit before they kiss, et al. That the extended footage on the DVD bonus features disc wasn't in HD on the BD is a crying shame!

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Originally Posted by Craig_Ehr

I like the 'Blade Runner' scene where Harrison Ford's Deckard roughs up Sean Young's Rachel a bit before they kiss, et al. That the extended footage on the DVD bonus features disc wasn't in HD on the BD is a crying shame!
Agreed. This scene and the alt version is totally hot. Sean Young looked great.

ZeusVI

Auditioning
Real Name
Jared
The one from 'American History X' should be mentioned here. It just seemed real.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I was reading "most visceral death scenes" thread and though "why does violence always triumph over love/sex in the movies -- or when talking about them". But better to do something about it then to grouse -- thus this thread.

My contribution to start off the thread:

From Body Heat -- the scene where William Hurt tosses the chair through the window to get to to the smoldering Kathleen Turner as the camera swirls around and around.

From Body Double -- the Frankie Goes to Hollywood "Relax" scene -- more swirling camera and Melanie Griffith's gloved hand grabbing onto Craig Wasson.

Practically any scene with Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant in Notorious -- good thing that one is in B&W otherwise it would burn holes in the screen.

And last in a nod to thread that gave me the inspiration: the mutual suicide sex scene with Assumpta Serna and Nacho Martinez in Matador

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks