What's new

The best sex scenes in movies (merged) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Now don't get me wrong here. The purpose for this thread is absolutely not to titilate, but to have a genuine discussion for what makes a great sex scene, or rather your favorites. That's not to say, what got you the hottest, rather to say which you believe is the most powerful. I'll go. Spoilers, of course, follow:

A History of Violence
The two contrasting scenes of sex between Tom and Edie Stall are among the most brilliantly executed I've seen. There is a true, animalistic difference in the sexuality, the Tom/Joey duality. But it speaks to Edie. You can see it, you can totally see it as he starts to stop and she pulls him back. The ravishing on the staircase just blew me away. How 'bout that.

Traffic
I think the scene where Erika Christensen's character has sex with her heroin supplier is sad and incredibly well filmed.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I don't know... I still get embarassed slightly with sex scenes on screen. Not that I'm offended or anything... it just always feels... off.

Josh.C

Second Unit
Well, you just so happened to catch me on the night I rented Munich (missed it in the theater), so I'm gonna go a little different route and give you one of my worst sex scenes. Bana's character and his wife at the end, with the killing flashbacks. Really Wierd sequence.

JC

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
American Beauty - The hotel sex scene gets me every time, HILARIOUS...
"You like gettin' nailed by the king [of real estate]? ---- "Oh yes, I love it... F*CK me your majesty!"

Rosemary's Baby - Mia Farrow & the Devil getting it on is really disturbing.

Titanic - NOBODY can forget the damn hand on the window shot... that was some hot stuff.

Brokeback Mountain - Shocked most of the audience with the gritty first sex scene. I can't think of a recent time I've heard more people in the audience gasp in surprise.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Ai no corrida or In the Realm of the Senses, directed by Nagisa Oshima is the most explicit mainstream movie that I’ve seen (if you consider Japanese, art-house movies to be mainstream :)) and certainty one of the most powerful.

While it is very sensual, especially at the beginning the theme of sexual obsession begins to dull ones own senses, so that the ending becomes inevitable, rather than a surprise.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
I was always a fan of the sex scene in Coyote Ugly

Though there wasn't much shown (a little extra in the D.C.) I still thought it was a very well done scene...

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Terminator? Pretty touching, especially that ending bit where their hands are clutching and it goes into slo-mo.

As a nominee for worst, Underworld: Evolution -- they're not exactly "aligned", if you know what I mean...

Josh.C

Second Unit

I'm pretty sure that the guy behind the camera (her HUSBAND, OUCH!) had something to do with that.

He probably had a talk w/ Scott Speedman before shooting, saying something like. "I'm the only one that goes downstairs with Kate, if you know what I mean"

JC

andySu

Senior HTF Member
“Catherine Tramell” in Basic Instinct 1992, played by Sharon Stone, what a twisted bitch she is.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
The kitchen scene in "The Postman Always Rings Twice".

The staircase scene in "A History of Violence".

Two very intense sequences.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Just about all of "Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down".

The "cat" scene in "Killing Me Softly"

clayton b

Stunt Coordinator
I really liked the sex scenes in Sideways and About Schmidt. Payne takes all the romance and beauty out of the act and shows it as it really is; two people in ridiculous positions grunting and growning with stupid looks on their faces. Those are by far some of the most realistic sex scenes ever filmed.

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator
I love the sex scene between the married couple in Short Cuts. The actors actually make their movie sex feel good from the screen.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Basic Instinct ... lets face it ... the sex scenes *made* that movie into a hit and a pop-culture icon as it were.

More recently I'd say Unfaithful with Diane Lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks