What's new

The best sex scenes in movies (merged) (1 Viewer)

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
One of the best I've seen - despite there being no skin - was in Out of Sight. Soderbergh's intercutting the dialogue, scene in the bar, with Jack and Karen undressing and laughing...wow.

I also loved the Temple dance and lovemaking scene with Neo and Trinity in Matrix Reloaded...incredible editing and very steamy.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

haha, thats was the first movie that popped into my head!!! Also saw it at an 'in-appropriate' age ;-) 14 I think

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
"The Center of the World". The night a former paramour and I saw that turned out to be a very good night for me...

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I liked the sexual teasing scene in To Die for When she seduces him into helping her kill her husband.

Also the short hand job scene in Birthday Girl was hot.

I have a thing for Nicole Kidman, so shoot me :)

Andy

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Not really a sex scene, but her in front of the mirror with Tom Cruise coming up behind her to caress her in "Eyes Wide Shut" was pretty sexy.

Jason

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Nicole Kidman reading from a phonebook is sexy to me!

(of course if she were scantily clad, it would help) :D

John_Graz

Stunt Coordinator
Body Heat - 1981
William Hurt.... Ned Racine

Kathleen Turner.... Matty Walker

When Ned through the chair through the window and just the WHOLE movie.

This movie has some great "pick-up" lines:

Ned:Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.
Matty: This is a blouse and a skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.
Ned: You shouldn't wear that body.

Ned:Can I buy you a drink?
Matty: I told you. I've got a husband.
Ned: I'll buy him one too.
Matty: He's out of town.
Ned: My favorite kind. We'll drink to him.
Matty: Only comes up on weekends.
Ned: I'm liking him better all the time.

Ned: Hey lady, ya wanna fuc%?
Mary Ann: Gee, I don't know. Maybe. This sure is a friendly town.

Matty: Ned, this Mary Ann.
Mary Ann: We were just meeting. Ned made me feel very welcome.

Kathleen Turner was so....hot back then.

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham
I will add my vote for "Don't Look Now." And another for the list is "Rob Roy." Liam Neeson and Jessica Lange convinced me.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Um... not exactly HOT, but one of the funniest and goofiest sex scenes in a movie was Emma Thompson and Jeff Goldblum in The Tall Guy. A Mel Smith film and I believe actually co-written by Rowen "Mr. Bean/Black Adder" Atkinson, who also stars in the film as a complete horse's arse.

A real dramatic, pot boiler sex sequence set-up, which is shot sexier than the act itself, is in Body Heat with William Hurt and Kathleen Turner. She's seductively teasing him through the window of her house in a clingy blouse, with doors locked. Hurt wants her so badly he throws a chair through the sliding glass door to get inside.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Hey Dan, The Tall Guy was actually written by Richard Curtis, who also wrote Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill and Love Actually.

I'm in full agreement about that sex scene. Funny as hell, and one of the film's high points. The film itself is also one of the most underrated films here in America. I wish more people would see it.

My votes for the best sex scenes:

THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE (1981) - The first time I saw that sequence (where Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange make love in the kitchen), I felt that that was the sexiest and most realistic sex scene I have seen on screen. It's a shame that the movie loses its way after this moment but it's the high point of the movie hands down. The movie has its moments but this is the moment of the film that is unforgettable.

CRASH (1996) - The scene between James Spader and Holly Hunter where they have sex in the car for the first time. About as realistic as it gets. It also drives the story but in a very surrealistic way.

BOUND (1996) - The seduction scene between Violet and Corky and later on, the scene they share in bed. I always refer to this as a two-part sex scene (if that even counts).

BASIC INSTINCT (1992) - The scene between Michael Douglas and Jeanne Tripplehorn. That moment excudes some real steam that a lot of sex scenes avoid.

WILD THINGS (1998) - Both the three way scene in the hotel room and the lesbian scene later on in the swimming pool. Both moments are pretty erotic, especially for what they are.

STEALING BEAUTY (1996) - The moment between Liv Tyler and the Italian boy at the end is probably as realistic a sex scene as it gets. Speaking of Bertolucci...

LAST TANGO IN PARIS (1973) - The first time Marlon Brando and Maria Scneider make love in the apartment. Not romanitic mind you but filled with raw emotion.

YOUNG ADAM (2004) - Some of the strongest stuff I've seen, and I've seen a lot. It's not romantic but it feels very real.

DISCLOSURE (1994) - The scene in the office between Michael Douglas and Demi Moore made this movie so hyped. I think it still packs a strong punch today, as does the movie itself.

...and there are so many others, but my mind has run out!

Glenise

Supporting Actor
When I was still living at home, my Mom caught me watching "The Postman Always Rings Twice" with Jessica Lange and Jack Nicholson on cable tv. Boy was I embarrased.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks