What's new

The best sex scenes in movies (merged) (1 Viewer)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
"You like gettin' nailed by the king [of real estate]?"

This has to be one of the funniest lines I've ever heard. That Annette Bening replies with "Oh yes, I love it," an extremely banal reponse, and quickly following that with "f*ck me, your majesty," a decidedly non-banal statement, is even funnier. What a terrific script.

Regards,
Nathan

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Should I be surprised that the scenes burned into my mind are those I saw at an inappropriate age?

- Terminator

- Less than Zero

- Kentucky Fried Movie

Ah, to be young and flummoxed. :)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
"The Lover", with Jane March.

One of the few scenes that really make be buy that they are really having sex.

Jason

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
The Terminator has my endorsement as well.

I didn't mind the sex scene in Gorky Park either - I was watching it on TV and was momentarily stunned when you could see her pubic hair (nicely trimmed too! ) not to mention the full frontal nudity. In a rare case of selective memory, I don't recall how much of William Hurt was on the screen. This was back in the late '80s, on either the CTV or CBC networks. Ah yes, back in the good old days when Canadian television was almost never censored and no one gave a damn, because we all knew it didn't matter.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I agree with:
The Terminator (was young and it was "forbidden fruit" when I finally got to see it)
Sideways (for its gritty realistic view, haven't seen About Schmidt)
A History of Violence
Killing Me Softly
The Lover
Bound

To which I'd add:
Havoc (you know, the one disturbing scene if you've seen the UR version--and no it's not the one w/ Hathaway)
Original Sin (UR as well)
Wild Orchid (UR)
Dream Lover (UR, with Madchen Amick)

Unfortunately I cannot agree with Basic Instinct. Now I'm no expert on all things sexual. But I'm pretty sure no one does it like they portray in Basic Instinct. Even Sharon Stone afterwards admitted as much. It's about as realistic and "hot" (for me) as the job that whatsherface did in Showgirls.

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Don't Look Now - so well done, so intimate between a film husband and wife that some wonder to this day whether they really 'did it'!

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I second "Don't Look Now," pretty unique. Didn't Soderbergh say that inspired the editing of the love scene in "Out of Sight"?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
..............."F**k Me Santa! F**k Me Santa! F**k Me Santa! F**k Me Santa! "

........"I kinda got a thing for Santa."
....."uh, yeah, I noticed."

D

DAN NEIR

Basic Instinct the scene w/ Douglas and Jeanne Tripplehorn
Unfaithful the scene where Diane Lane tries to leave him, outside of his apt.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Can't really think of best. I can tell you the WORST was in "Brown Bunny" made an unwatchable film even moreso.

Brian.L

Supporting Actor
The thing that makes the Basic Instinct scene is Jerry Goldsmith's ridiculously over-the-top "reaching orgasm"/"is she gonna pull out the icepick?" music.

I guess if you want realistic sex, there's Winterbottom's "Nine Songs". Or "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" with that guy on top of Jennifer Jason Leigh for about 20 seconds.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I second Rich d's "train scene in Risky Business".

And I have to give a nod to nearly every scene in Young Adam for being very raw, though not romantic.

The vampire flick starring la femme nikita, Innocent Blood - because of the eyes. Speaking of which I hear the unrated DVD available in Europe has more of this brief scene. Domestic release please!

I wonder if Ken Russell's The Rainbow is any good... but it isn't region 1 anyway.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I would Have to say the Oral scene in the Brown Bunny would get my vote for the Worst Sex scene. I mean Damn if they are going to have Chloe Sivigney go all out and show the Deed, at least put a little enthusiasm into it !

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
What..., no Monster's Ball!!! Even now I can picture Halle Barry, "make me feel good" oops, I can't leave me desk for awhile until the blood stops flowing.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Anne Heche and Joan Chen in Wild Side.I have the uncut 111 minute Dir Cut.

STILL my favorite.

"Team America: World Police"

I finally saw this. While the sex scene was funny, the puking in the alley scene was the hardest Ive laughed in prob 5 years :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks