What's new

Thank You Warner Bros for the Chat (1 Viewer)

NeilEdwards

Stunt Coordinator
Although I did not get to make my comment and ask a question. Hopefully you will read it here.
Thank you for the Anamorphic transfers. Superman was super! As an avid collector. I have well over 2100 films in my collection - as of today, 987 are on DVD and I still have over 1100 VHS tapes to replace. Many are from your library. Therefore, I am happy with what I can get. Obviously you cannot do them all in one year. This is a multi year project. Maybe more than a decade. Do you not feel that there is a viable market for Katherine Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, Bette Davis, Spencer Tracy, Busby Berkeley, Astaire/Rogers? Do you feel there is a market for the oldies, or am I alone? TCM shows them all the time and they seem to be doing okay there. You have the greatest library in the world. DONE
P.S. Many of the old films, I just taped off of TCM. However, the quality of the DVD is far superior to the VHS, so out goes the VHS.

Jim Benard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Thanks also for your time. Hopefully we can continue some questions for your consideration for those of us who didn't make it in tonight:
When will Big Top Pee-wee come out on DVD? Please consider having the same great commentary track as the first w/ the director and Paul Reubens.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Also thank you for your time. I was unable to make it to the chat, however, I look foreward to reading the transcript.
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"
Link Removed

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
In the possible event that Warner will see this, I too had a question that didn't get asked. Here it is, from where I had saved it, ready for a cut-and-paste in the chat:
About "Is there a great demand for 1.85 Flat Comedies to be seen widescreen?": This is an unqualified "YES". Vacation series box set SE's (all 4) & Grumpy Men SE's are highly desired by all of us. A big slogan around here is "NO OAR = NO SALE", which I subscribe to, and THANK YOU! for Wonka, LotR, & Shiloh. I hope that SOME complaints about the *presence* of black bars isn't replaced with MANY LOUD complaints about the *ABSENCE* of black bars. :) In that vein:
About Widescreen Cats & Dogs: Best Buy didn't list it in their computer & Suncoast denied it was even in-the-works. So please tell us: What happened? Where is it? THANKS FOR CLASH OF THE TITANS!! Any plans for these: DragonSlayer? Yankee Doodle Dandy? Fame? The Right Stuff SE? Oliver! SE? Thanks again! DONE.
That's EXACTLY as I intended to paste it into the chat, modifying it as the night wore on based on answers they gave (Clash of the Titans for instance...wooohoo!).
I'm gonna go glance at the transcript, if it's up yet, and see what I missed when I had some technical trouble on my end (lockup).
Thanks for the chat...it was great.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Yes Thank You Warner !
Stephen King's IT on DVD 2002
You have made my day
Thank you again Warner
Regards,
Ricky

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I would like to thank warner for the chat. They answered every question the right way :) Im really looking forward to next years animated batman releases and ROTJ uncut. Now everyone buy the first babylon 5 dvd so seasons can be released :)

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
I, too, would like to extend my gratitude to WB for the chat last night. The news about Strange Brew is a beauty, eh! Now please do it right - Anamorphic widescreen at the very least; No OAR = No Sale.
D
------------------
~Marriage is great but she keeps leaving the toilet seat down...~

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Warner Brothers.
On a side note I would like to recommend everyone go out and buy VHS versions of your favorite movies/TV series not out on DVD. For some reason it seems odd to me that VHS sales dictate if it will be released on DVD.
smiley_spidey.gif
Frank
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true
usa_small.gif

[Edited last by Frank Anderson on October 17, 2001 at 09:10 AM]

todd s

Senior HTF Member
David,
I asked Warner at the chat about the Cats & Dogs no widescreen fiasco. I said I hope they consider(when figuring sales comparisons to p&s) that many stores don't have the widescreen version and that some don't even know it is coming. They are aware and will take that into consideration.
Also, everyone go out and get Babylon 5. You'll be helping the fans and you will probably become one after watching it.
Thanks Warner for taking the time and listening.

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
The question about a release of Kevin Costner in Wyatt Earp: Directors cut was asked, but I didn't find an answer from WB anywhere.
Could someone from WB jump in here and give us an idea if this film, conspicuous by it's abscence on DVD, is possible for a future release?
Deane

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
[Chad_Ferguson] I was just wondering if there any chance of a release for Wyatt Earp? Perphaps the Directors cut? I would just like to say great job on your first release of DTS titles, keep them coming, and awesome, awesome job on the Oliver Stone set! It's great to know that you guys are willing to support such a great director! Thanks. Done
[Warner] Appreciate the kind words. DONE
[Warner] WYATT EARP is being considered (needs new transfer, too). DONE

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
I guess I must have missed the Wyatt Earp response. Thanks for the update.
Let's hope it gets on the list.
Deane
[Edited last by Deane Johnson on October 17, 2001 at 08:28 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks