What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Audrey Hepburn 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Breakfast at Tiffany’s

with a New 7-Movie Blu-ray™ Collection of Audrey Hepburn Classics

image002.jpg

Seven Unforgettable Films Available Together on Blu-ray for the First Time October 5, 2021

Rediscover seven of legendary actress Audrey Hepburn’s most memorable films with the AUDREY HEPBURN 7-MOVIE COLLECTION, debuting on Blu-ray October 5, 2021 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Timed to coincide with the 60th anniversary of the beloved classic Breakfast at Tiffany’s, which was originally released on October 5, 1961, this must-own collection sparkles with luminous performances from Hepburn in My Fair Lady, Funny Face, Sabrina, Roman Holiday, Paris When It Sizzles, War and Peace, and, of course, Breakfast at Tiffany’s. The Collection also includes access to Digital copies of each film and the legacy bonus content detailed below.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s

Based on Truman Capote’s best-selling novella, Breakfast at Tiffany’s captured the imagination of audiences everywhere and made an indelible impact on movies, fashion and society at large. In director Blake Edwards’ timeless classic, Hepburn’s intoxicating New York party girl Holly Golightly embarks on a wildly entertaining, comedic adventure to find love in the big city.

Bonus Content:
  • Commentary by producer Richard Shepherd
  • A Golightly Gathering
  • Henry Mancini: More Than Music
  • Mr. Yunioshi: An Asian Perspective
  • Breakfast at Tiffany’s: The Making of a Classic
  • It’s So Audrey: A Style Icon
  • Behind the Gates: The Tour
  • Brilliance in a Blue Box
  • Audrey’s Letter to Tiffany
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Galleries

• My Fair Lady

Winner of eight Academy Awards®*, including Best Picture, My Fair Lady also won the Best Picture- Musical/Comedy Golden Globe® and was selected for the Library of Congress’ National Film Registry. Adapted from the Broadway stage hit, the film stars Rex Harrison as Professor Higgins, a role that earned him the Oscar® for Best Actor in a Leading Role, and Audrey Hepburn as the unforgettable Eliza Doolittle.

Bonus Content:
    • More Loverly Than Ever: The Making of My Fair Lady Then & Now
    • 1963 Production Kick-Off Dinner
    • Los Angeles Premiere 10/28/1964
    • British Premiere
    • George Cukor Directs Baroness Bina Rothschild
    • Rex Harrison Radio Interview
    • Production Tests
    • Alternate Audrey Hepburn Vocals
    • Galleries
    • Comments on a Lady
    • Theatrical Featurettes
    • Story of a Lady
    • Design for a Lady
    • The Fairest Fair Lady
    • Trailers
    • Awards

• Funny Face

Set against the luminous backdrop of the timeless City of Lights, the classic tale filled with dazzling fashion, music and romance stars the enchanting Audrey Hepburn as a bookstore clerk turned modeling sensation and Fred Astaire as the photographer who discovers her. Funny Face was the only pairing of the two stars and remains an irresistible love letter to Paris in the 1950s.

Bonus Content:
      • Kay Thompson: Think Pink!
      • This is VistaVision
      • Fashion Photographers Exposed
      • The Fashion Designer and His Muse
      • Parisian Dreams
      • Original Theatrical Trailer

• Sabrina

Screen legends Humphrey Bogart and William Holden are the mega-rich Larrabee brothers of Long Island, New York. Bogie’s all work; Holden’s all playboy. They have little in common...except that they’ve both taken notice of a beautiful, sophisticated young woman, possessing a delightful zest for living, suddenly in their midst — Sabrina Fairchild (Audrey Hepburn).

Bonus Content:
        • Audrey Hepburn: Fashion Icon
        • Sabrina’s World
        • Supporting Sabrina
        • William Holden: The Paramount Years
        • Sabrina Documentary
        • Behind the Gates: Camera

• Roman Holiday

Audrey Hepburn lights up the screen in her first starring role opposite the charismatic Gregory Peck in this funny, beautiful, and intoxicating romantic comedy. Ranked as the #4 greatest love story of all time by the American Film Institute, Roman Holiday earned 10 Academy Award® nominations**, including Best Picture, and won Best Actress for Hepburn, Best Costume Design for legendary designer Edith Head, and Best Writing for Dalton Trumbo.

Bonus Content:
          • Filmmaker Focus: Leonard Maltin on Roman Holiday
          • Behind the Gates: Costumes
          • Rome with a Princess
          • Audrey Hepburn: The Paramount Years
          • Dalton Trumbo: From A-List to Blacklist
          • Paramount in the ‘50s
          • Remembering Audrey
          • Theatrical Trailers
          • Galleries

• Paris When It Sizzles

Audrey Hepburn reunites with William Holden in this delightful romantic comedy, making its Blu-ray debut. Hepburn is Gabrielle Simpson, the captivating young assistant to screenwriter Richard Benson (Holden), who has three days to finish his movie. Together, they write and revise a romance/mystery as they envision themselves in the lead roles.

War and Peace

Tolstoy’s literary masterpiece comes to life in this epic film classic of international conflict, spectacular adventure, gripping intrigue and tragic romance set against the sweeping backdrop of Napoleon’s invasion of Russia. Directed by King Vidor, the film stars Hepburn, Henry Fonda and Mel Ferrer.

# # #​

About Paramount Home Entertainment

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s U.S. Rating: Not Rated

My Fair Lady U.S. Rating: G

Funny Face U.S. Rating: Not Rated

Sabrina U.S. Rating: Not Rated

Roman Holiday U.S. Rating: Not Rated

Paris When It Sizzles U.S. Rating: Not Rated

War and Peace U.S. Rating: PG for violence

*1965, Best Picture; Best Actor in a Leading Role; Best Director; Best Cinematography (Color); Best Art Direction (Color); Best Costume Design (Color); Best Sound; Best Music, Scoring of Music, Adaptation or Treatment

**Winner: Best Actress (Audrey Hepburn); Best Writing (Motion Picture Story, Dalton Trumbo); Best Costume Design (Black & White, Edith Head), 1953. Additional nominations: Best Picture; Best Directing (William Wyler); Actor in a Supporting Role (Eddie Albert); Art Direction (Black & White); Cinematography (Black & White); Film Editing; and Writing (Screenplay).

“ACADEMY AWARD®” and “OSCAR®” are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I only have three of the previously available films (Roman Holiday, Funny Face and My Fair Lady), so I'm thrilled to see this set coming! Out of curiosity (for those who have any of the other three previously available titles), do any of these appear to have any new extras? I'm just trying to figure out whether any of these will be new transfers (since three or four of the earlier releases could do with new transfers), or whether this is likely to just be a repackaging of the previously available discs plus the new-to-blu Paris When It Sizzles (which is what I'm guessing is most likely to be the case).

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
...I'm just trying to figure out whether any of these will be new transfers (since three or four of the earlier releases could do with new transfers), or whether this is likely to just be a repackaging of the previously available discs plus the new-to-blu Paris When It Sizzles (which is what I'm guessing is most likely to be the case).
I think they would have made a point of mentioning it in the press release if any of these were new transfers.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
All of the bonuses sound familiar and nothing appears to be new. Check previous HTF reviews to match against the lists here.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
The only significant thing here is Paris When It Sizzles. Paramount has never released that one on Blu Ray in the US. They're baiting us Hepburn fanatics, and I'm probably going to fall for it. Just take my $40-$50 and give me my disc! :laugh:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The only significant thing here is Paris When It Sizzles. Paramount has never released that one on Blu Ray in the US. They're baiting us Hepburn fanatics, and I'm probably going to fall for it. Just take my $40-$50 and give me my disc! :laugh:
I am surprised anything is new on this set. Now if Paramount had released a 4K seven film set only "My Fair Lady" would have been previously released. Still the digital codes are a nice extra. Those were not previously included with most of these films previous releases.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I only have three of the previously available films (Roman Holiday, Funny Face and My Fair Lady), so I'm thrilled to see this set coming! Out of curiosity (for those who have any of the other three previously available titles), do any of these appear to have any new extras? I'm just trying to figure out whether any of these will be new transfers (since three or four of the earlier releases could do with new transfers), or whether this is likely to just be a repackaging of the previously available discs plus the new-to-blu Paris When It Sizzles (which is what I'm guessing is most likely to be the case).
I doubt these are new transfers. I'd love a new one for Funny Face because the existing Blu-ray disc is too dark.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
This cash grab reissue is insulting to both Audrey and Breakfast At Tiffany's. As the press release says

Celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Breakfast at Tiffany’s

with a New 7-Movie Blu-ray™ Collection of Audrey Hepburn Classics

If Paramount wanted to actually celebrate Tiffany's anniversary we would have hopefully gotten a well put together edition, but those days are long gone now. These re-releases show that Tiffany's and other classic Paramount titles need to be handled by a company that will respect and give then honor they deserve. I would love to see Criterion get the chance to do a fantastic release of Tiffany's as I know they would blow everyone away with it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The cover of this set is the same as an already released DVD set. Paramount couldn't even be bothered creating a new cover.
This set has nothing to do with "Breakfast at Tiffany's other the set being released in a year that happens to be in an anniversary year that ends in a "5" or "0"for "Tiffany's".
1626928796174.png

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
If the price is right, then it at least offers a good way to buy the three best movies here ... My Fair Lady, Sabrina and Funny Face. And Paris When it Sizzles makes a fourth outing worth viewing.
Roman Holiday is an interesting period-piece, War and Piece isn't a patch on the novel, while Breakfast at Tiffany's leaves me totally cold. Such a contrived piece of schmaltz. A couple of friends and I wagged an afternoon from school to go look at it during its premiere run in Melbourne. We all concurred it was a total waste of our pocket-money, so we went and blew the rest on chocolate frappes at Hillier's in Collins St instead (an iconic place right next to Melbourne's Cinerama cinema). Much the better buy.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'd rather watch Breakfast at Tiffany's a thousand times to a single viewing of the abysmal Paris When It Sizzles. Different strokes, I guess. And Roman Holiday is one of the greats.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
In retrospect, you're right, Matt, about Paris When it Sizzles. I now remember being totally undewhelmed last time I saw it.
As for 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', I'm pleased so many people love it. There's lots I love that certain other people would chuck in the garbage. Just ask my wife.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
In retrospect, you're right, Matt, about Paris When it Sizzles. I now remember being totally undewhelmed last time I saw it.
As for 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', I'm pleased so many people love it. There's lots I love that certain other people would chuck in the garbage. Just ask my wife.

How To Insult Your Wife, the little known sequel to Murder Your Wife

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I just recently watched Paris When it sizzles again on iTunes. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. More so than the first time I saw it.

I have 5 of these films on digital, but this is a great set if you do not have these titles.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I bought the iTunes HD streaming version of The Nun's Story because I just couldn't wait any longer. The last time I spied it on TCM, they were using that transfer, too, and it looked very nice, but a Blu-ray by Warner Archive would likely be mesmerizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks