What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Russell G said:
??? Am I only the only one who shelled out for the full set? I feel like a stupid sucker now. :S
Must be. They didnt offer it on either of the HD formats that way. I have 2 of the titles on order right now. I will get Clockwork Orange as soon as my wallet will let me. On Tuesday the 2 Best Buys in town didnt have stock yet on the box. I have a friend who wants it, and they had a good price. But they didnt get it in for release week. I have Twin Peaks and Doctor Who set 3 coming in the next 2 weeks. Those 2 titles are not cheap, so i had to drop some of my Kubrick wants.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I'm planning on getting the full Kubrick set as well.
I also just found out that the Blade Runner Final Cut is starting this weekend at the local gigantor old-school movie-house...sweet!
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
WOOT!! Me and Haggai rule, you all drool!
I got that Twin Peaks set on order too, and the complete Angel set, so I can watch it in order with the Buffy's I blind bought. Woot to me!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
you ordering the Kubricks from Canukland? I thought we were the only ons with the bilinguals. I'm so used to them, I don't even notice anymore. I just noticed that my order is delayed a week, so I wont be able to check any of these out till the second week of Nov or so. Serves me right for placing giant orders mixed with books and stuff I guess :S
WOOT! = YAY! or WOOHOOO! Just another way of saying it. I like to actually say "woot" dead pan, because I'm all types of clever and sarcastic.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russell G said:
you ordering the Kubricks from Canukland? I thought we were the only ons with the bilinguals. I'm so used to them, I don't even notice anymore.
Woot'oh! Yep many of my region 1 dvd imports come from Canada, for some reason they're much cheaper than the US variety, and arrive here quicker too. Covers don't really bother me that much, once they're on the shelves who cares, but I do wish the English title was a bit more prominent, especially on the spine. They're English language films dammit! :angry: [calm down dear] ;)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
who are you using? Cause I'm in Canada and I order out the states. With our dollar, I'm getting stuff way cheaper then I would hear based on lower SRP in the US. The last Canadian retailer I tried went belly up and it was a nightmare for me to recoup the money they took from me without sending me the DVD's (they would process the credit card at the time of ordering, it was DVDSoon)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I mostly use Play.com for my R1's and R2's, good prices, fast delivery, not all the R1's are bilingual btw.
CDWow for R3's and R4's.
DVDPacific for R1's, they have a massive selection of dvds, they take a bit longer to arrive but the prices are good and no bilingual dvd covers! Yay!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
crazy, none of those are canadian based. DVD Pacific seems close to Amazon for the pricing, and I know Amazon don't add any duties.
Too bad DVDSoon went broke. They weren't the fastest, but cripes were they cheap.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Boy i remember the good ol' days when you could order DVDs for damn near 50% off retail, and you would almost always get them a week early, WITH free shipping!
I buy from Amazon mostly. If i feel the need for instant gratification i go to Best Buy. They have a great sale at Best Buy, and Amazon for that matter, on horror. I got Nightmare on Elmstreet 3, Alone in the Dark, and re-bought In the Mouth of Madness, all for $4.99 this week at BB. I also got Saw 3 Directors cut this week too.
I watched The Cowboys from my NetFlix last night. I love to see that crazy ass Bruce Dern. The man plays a damn good psycho nut in just about anything he is in, thats why i love silent Running so much. Anyway, seeing 10 to 15 year olds going vigilante on the bad guys would never happen in a movie made now. I did like the movie. It sure was beautiful to look at. Another fine Warner disc! I like John Wayne even more now that i am older, but his war movies are usually my favorite.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Hello? Is anyone home?
I think you guys need to go post in the Kubrick is overrated thread. Go make someone mad. :)
By the way, i dont think he is, and i like less than 1/2 of what he did.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm home I'm home! :P
I saw that thread Rickers, I was going to post snarky, then remembered that I sort of agree with him. Kubricks film are all pretty mechanical, unemotive (new word? maybe...) affairs. Still like them enough to buy them twice though. Some how he manages to make cold and distant interesting. But thats for someone else to explore. My reviews of films seem to run the gaumat of "pretty good" to "retarded", I don't think I'm up to the job of analyzing Kubricks works :P

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Russell G said:
I'm home I'm home! :P
I saw that thread Rickers, I was going to post snarky, then remembered that I sort of agree with him. Kubricks film are all pretty mechanical, unemotive (new word? maybe...) affairs. Still like them enough to buy them twice though. Some how he manages to make cold and distant interesting. But thats for someone else to explore. My reviews of films seem to run the gaumat of "pretty good" to "retarded", I don't think I'm up to the job of analyzing Kubricks works :P
I wish i could spout the classy writing that some of those guys can. I thought i was going to click on a Kubrick sucks cause i said he does, thread. But they sure as hell know how to articulate what they dont like. Even if, in the end, its all opinion.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
that's one of the nice things about the HTF though, discussions rarely degenerate into the "f**K YOU! I'M RIGHT!" type of thing.
such a civilized place, the good ol' HTF, not sure what this thread is doing here...
;)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Steve Christou said:
Fuck Gaspar Gomez! And fuck the fuckin' Diaz brothers! Fuck 'em all! I bury those cockroaches! :angry:
Does Steve need a cup o' tea? :)
Your reminding me of the guys from Jay and Silent Bob when they read what people were saying about them on the internet, and what they would do to them if they ever met. That was a funny retard of a movie.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Kevin Smiths entire catalog are funny retarded movies. I like everything he's done. Which may give you an impression of what I am like, so I'll also remind you that I like Kubricks films.
Which I guess makes me a cold hearted retard... never mind. :frowning:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I had to print screen the testing area... oh come on, when will I ever have a thread with 2,000,000 views again? Or with so many posts? Never. So it's now been recorded for posterity and when I'm 82 I'll find the print screen on a cd somewhere and I'll look closer with my thick lens glasses trying to figure out what thats all about... "....what the hell? testy? testy area 51? whats this whats this? why is my name on there? eh? eh? why did I save this? wait a minute... testy... testy... ? damn... can't remember... [bins disc]"
Kubrick overrated eh? I can't say anything nasty about the man because he directed my favorite sci-fi film and one of my favorite epics (Spartacus). But I'm not that crazy about most of the others. Like I mentioned before there are 5 Kubrick films I can't live without, well I can but I wouldn't be very happy. Overrated? Maybe.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Russell G said:
Kevin Smiths entire catalog are funny retarded movies. I like everything he's done.
I own his stuff. Doing a quick check on my DVD Profiler i see i own more Kevin Smith movies than i do Kubrick. Course i also own more Hitchcock then the 2 of them combined. But my #1 director, own so much of his stuff it puts all others to shame....Joseph Pevney. Guess it was all those Trek episodes he directed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.