What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The SVS Prime Tower Speakers demand our attention! When it comes to home theater, I’m probably one of the more budget-conscious people you’d ever meet. I’ve been involved in home theater since 1985, before there really was such a thing, connecting my Beta HiFi VCR to my bookshelf system, and adding rear speakers using the audio out on the receiver/amplifier to a separate amp and using a poor-man’s surround solution to decode the matrixed rear channel. All of this using hand-me-down speakers and equipment from my parents or gear I picked up at garage sales. It impressed my friends (but not the girls), however it did ignite a passion for getting the best bang for your buck in home audio. My tastes in equipment has matured over the years, more recently opting for a Marantz SR5008 receiver (probably the most high-end piece of my current setup) with Energy CB-10 and CB-5 bookshelves and a CC-5 center channel, with an...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

smashboogie

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Thank you for your review. I have been an Energy fan for over a decade, and currently using CF-30's and a CC-10 for my front three. Having recently bought the SVS SB-2000 (based on yours and others reviews), I am thinking of taking the plunge to these SVS towers...As an owner of Energy (and reviewer of SVS) do you think its worth the upgrade?

ArnoldLayne

Premium
Real Name
Chris
I have the SVS Ultra Towers and a PB12-NSD and PB-2000. Awesome! (plus Ultra Bookshelf for center behind the screen).

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Just ordered a pair of the prime towers. How many hours should I run them before I determine if I should keep them or not?

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Update 11/13 - The treble on this was fatiguing with some music. With certain types of music they were outstanding but were unforgiving with female voices or trumpets.

I wanted to like them and I gave them about 50 hours , but it was too bright for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks