What's new

"Starship Troopers" & "Hollow Man: Director's Cut" coming! (1 Viewer)

Rob Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
That has to be a new record...announced and delayed within a week. Sheesh.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Sheesh...a guy gets his hopes up, adds it to the release schedule and then the bloody thing is pulled. Gawd.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
That news saddens me greatly, but it probably means Sony's going to remaster it, so they don't have another TFE situation.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Evidently, this is still being released in the U.K.
One person on High-DeF Digest post #15 stated it has "just been shipped from sendit".

Amazon.co.uk has it listed too.

Paul

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
It would be nice to think that, but I am much too pessimistic on the matter. If they knew they needed a remaster, they certainly knew it before they announced the release date. So why announce the date at all?

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Probably because they read all the posts on the net and became afraid they'd have another "5th Element" disappointment from all the exclaimed expectations.;)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Damn it! I thought we were passed this crap! :angry:

Sigh... Maybe they realized this could be a be bigger seller than originall thought. They better be adding some kickbutt features and stuff.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Watched the SB of "ST" last night!
Life is GOOD!!!
Maybe an 'import' on HD DVD will show up B4 years end?

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Perhaps someone decided to hold it, pending the production of the new theatrical sequel that's in the works, with Casper Van Dien returning as GENERAL Johhny Rico.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

ditto.

Can't believe they would postpone it for a sequel that hasn't even started principal photography yet. Especially when this release would have likely been bare bones anyway- as per the usual Sony bd standard.

I wouldn't be surprised if its line congestion/yield issues. Q3/4 is already going to be packed. This won't be the last title announced and postponed for that time frame.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Just watched it in HD on Comcast OnDemand. Looked great. Master seems fine if that's the one they were gonna use...

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
You may be right there. This may be a case of them having to roll out enough copies of the Spider-Man trilogy. Didn't the Pirates films cause similar delays? As much as I love ST, I know it's not as high profile a title as others. For that matter, whatever happened to Ghostbusters?

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
paidgeek has stated that it was delayed till '08 by marketing to create added value content.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

I asked him if they would consider doing in-depth interactive features along the "Would you like to know more?" lines of the film, but it seems my post vanished.

They're shooting the new sequel right now (Casper Van Dien in tow), so that may be why they're delaying it. Though I'm not sure it's getting a theatrical release or not IMDB only shows DVD distribution.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I was hoping with Ed Neumeir writing and directing it would be decent enough to pick up theatrical distribution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks