What's new

So, what do you do for a living? (1 Viewer)

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
Well, since you asked....I work for a family-owned business that sells and repairs transformers. No, not the cute little robot toys...the electrical devices used by utilities and factories and whatnot.
-Mike

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
Well, since you asked....I work for a family-owned business that sells and repairs transformers. No, not the cute little robot toys...the electrical devices used by utilities and factories and whatnot.
Oh, and I am an inside salesman.
-Mike

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
quote: There are a little more than 80 persons on this forum I believe? C'mon, keep this going![/quote]
I posted this exact same question back in April of this year. I think it received about 50 replies before it died. So you are doing better than I did at the time.
I am the Quality Assurance & Safety Director for a large vocational rehabilitation facility in SE Minnesota.
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?
[Edited last by Jeff Amaris on September 27, 2001 at 04:18 PM]

Scott_G

Second Unit
Systems Engineer for a major storage vendor.
I design and sell large scale network attached storage solutions. Go on sales calls, offer advice, etc.
Take a lot of customers to lunch
yum.gif

Work with a lot of sales reps
chatter.gif

Good job, great pay, options are nice (before the stocks hit the skids), but the hours are long.

Sean Todd

Grip
I work at the Tyson plant. My job is to rip out the bungholes out of the chickens as they come down the line. It's a living I guess.

Alex Giese

Grip
Todd H. says
I work for Vandalay Industries as a latex salesman.
Am I the only one here to catch this one? Hello George! How's the sales going?:cool:
I am a mechanical designer/drafter for an aircraft floats manufacturer. Not too bad a job. Once in a while I get to go for a little ride in a floatplane for fun.:)

DennisZ

Agent
I am a senior systems / applications engineer for a

hospital in Altanta. I help maintain servers from hardware

to software. doing upgrades,etc. Just a great place to be

and work with some very good people.

Also thanks to all the police, military members for all

that you do. I am a former Navy submariner.

Denny

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Senior Project Manager with a focus on 'Net' architecture/infrastructure worldwide for the company I work for. I work with the business units to design the communications, hardware/software platforms to run the applications, security and other stuff.

~Kurt

Eve T

Supporting Actor
I work for Tommy Hillfiger, Hugo Boss, and Nautica. I am a sales represenative for these lines, sometimes I get to be one of those annoying foo foo girls that spray perfume on cards and try to get you to smell them. But the good side to this is... I get free perfume and I get to travel. :)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Network Evolution Planner for a major telco. I'm to blame when you don't like how your DSL is performing.. It's not that bad, but I help to evaluate new technologies and how to integrate them with new technologies.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I also graduated in Electrical Engineering and now do hardware support on production systems.

Kirsten

Stunt Coordinator
Historical Interpreter
"What's that?" you say.
I get paid to talk about dead people. Have trouble sleeping? Give me a call. I can bore you to Zzzzzzz....

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
Dirty,smelly , greasy Cold Heading/Threader Set-up Operator at Ramset/RedHead , manufacturers of Concrete Fasteners .
Been with them for 32 Years..... , Come -on Retirement !!:D

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
I am an IT Operations Technician for Nike. Basically, I am a jack of all trades, I do system and network administration, desktop support, network engineering, software engineering, etc. If it looks like a computer, it must be mine.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I am a graphic designer in the marketing department of a suburban Los Angeles hospital. The last few years I have gotten more into copy writing-brochures, ad copy, medical articles (I know way more about prostates than a gal needs to know :D ).
I worked as a photographer in the past, though lately it has been confined to medical photography. I get called into the pathology lab to take pictures of removed body parts and I photograph surgeries. There's nothing like sticking your camera lens into someone's gaping body cavity!
I also have a contract freelance gig as the managing editor of a publication for a medical organization in Chicago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks