What's new

So, what do you do for a living? (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
No kidding lots of high tech jobs here! Well, my career is the oldest in the world, after prostitution. Bricklayer!
I do refractory work which means I go into (usually) confined areas and whether its bricks or insulation or what ever. I have worked at Transalta utilities in their boilers(no fun there), Suncor energy and Nova Chemicals in Joffre, Alberta, the largest ethylene plant in the world.
I'm a 3rd year apprentice and enjoy my work. One more 8 week course and I'll have my ticket. Woo Hoo!
------------------

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I am an electronic support and engineering representative at Earthlink Inc. Great place to work and I make a pretty good living there. :)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Software Engineer working for British Aerospace writing the code that keeps our pilots alive and safe. And being a wanna-be professional cyclist in the spare time.
wink.gif

Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Robert Ma

Second Unit
I am a computer systems administrator specializing in software distribution. I send applications and updates to thousands of PCs in a couple hours.
------------------
Goto www.erols.com/rmahle to see my theater

Steve Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I am the Lead Network Systems Analyst, which is to say I sit and surf for about 6 hour, interrupted by 2 hours of shear panic when a network device or circuits fail.
But really... The company I work for makes the trailers to haul military tanks around, the portable bridges, and biggest of all the huge cargo loaders for cargo aircraft (C5, C17 , C141) among other things like the system that sorts mail and parcels.
Before this I worked various network/computer related jobs.
And before that, U.S. Marines.
------------------
You liked the movie? ......Try it on a nine foot screen.
My DVD Profiler Collection

Brad Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a writer with Apple. I'm a contractor, not an employee, but it's still a great job. I work on their marketing newsletters--iMac Update, Apple eNews, and QuickTime News--and I write features for their Games site, Link Removed
Most of the articles on the Games site are mine.
- Brad

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Statistician for a large pharmaceutical company.
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I am a IT drone for a rental car company. What I actually do right now is run one of our Intranet servers, our Call Accounting server, high level desktop support, and webdev. Its great supporting 4 different OSes, Solaris, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Pro, and Windows NT 4 Workstation. I really do not like my job, and would love to find a better paying one, but with the market the way it is now I just sit here waiting on the upswing.

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
Im a student and I do a bit of everything and a bit of nothing. Although once I graduate I plan to get into policing, but I am not sure how long I will want to stay at that career as I would like higher wages than police forces in Canada are currently offering.
I would eventually (maybe in 5 to 10 years) get into security consulting.
Aaron

Real Name
Matthew
I am salesman for an electrical retailer, which is good because i get all my HT gear at or below cost or I do a long term loan.
biggrin.gif

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
Line worker for DaimlerChrysler. It's a great job good pay and I can check my brain at the door. I build 300M's Intrepid's Concorde's. They don't care what the autoworkers have to say so I put on my walkman and work the night away.

John Johnson

Agent
Manufacturing Engineer for Ford. Area of concentration is Tire Lines and Fluid Fill equipment. And yes, we do listen to the hourly guys, at least I do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks