What's new

Snow Day (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
I had my snow tires changed off yesterday. Naturally, it snowed last night.
Similar story: A couple of weeks ago, I finished shoveling snow and thought to myself how this MUST be the last time I'll have to shovel this winter and less than a week later, the biggest snow storm of the year hit. :)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
From the Idaho DOT site:

Studded tire laws vary in neighboring states:
· Montana: Oct. 1 – May 31
· Nevada: Oct. 1 – April 30
· Utah: Oct. 15 – April 15
· Oregon: Nov. 1 – March 31
· Washington: Nov. 1 – March 31
· Wyoming: Legal all year

Idaho's dates are October 1 to April 30. What are your dates in the East?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I found this table in one of our state DOT reports:

Attachments

• tire regulations.JPG
    tire regulations.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 121

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Studded tires were banned here in Michigan sometime back in the 1970's. I remember helping my dad pull all the studs out of his tires when the ban took affect back when I was a kid.

Some areas around here got up to four inches of snow overnight. We had none at our house, but there was quite a bit on the ground at one of my offices I visited today.

I'm still running the gas out of my snowblower and putting it away this weekend. I believe in living dangerously! :lol:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I need to do that, too. I usually procrastinate and end up throwing fuel stabilizer in it.

But what I came to say was: It's snowing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hey @Mike Frezon, hope you're "non-essential" like I am; the governor just gave us a snow day!

Here's the current snowfall total estimates for New York's Capital Region (and they keep going up!):
h-snow-map_20191201.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey @Mike Frezon, hope you're "non-essential" like I am; the governor just gave us a snow day!

Here's the current snowfall total estimates for New York's Capital Region (and they keep going up!):
View attachment 65631

:laugh:

About as "non-essential" as you can get, Adam. I retired at the end of June! (But, truth be told, I'll be working part-time when the legislative session resumes next month).

And don't get me started on our Governor rushing back from his visit to Puerto Rico just to make sure we all somehow manage during this snowpocalypse. :rolleyes: I'm sure we'll all be okay now under his leadership.

Pete doesn't need no stinkin' day off! :D

full

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Looks like NYC is being spared most of it, but it still seemed like a good excuse to pick up a spiral ham to roast with some potatoes and those baby onions that taste so good when they get a little toasty.

Slight drizzle has closed the subway before under our mutual governor’s leadership so it probably wasn’t the worst idea. I don’t know if the six pack of root beer is as easily justifiable but I’m an adult darn it and I don’t need to :D

Stay safe all you guys getting actual snow.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Stay safe. Luckily, it was a little too warm when the storm passed through here and all we got was rain. We did come home early from our Thanksgiving weekend at my parents in northern Michigan, though, to avoid the storm -- they had over 6 inches and it was still snowing when I spoke with them Sunday morning.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Stay safe. Luckily, it was a little too warm when the storm passed through here and all we got was rain. We did come home early from our Thanksgiving weekend at my parents in northern Michigan, though, to avoid the storm -- they had over 6 inches and it was still snowing when I spoke with them Sunday morning.
We got about 2 inches or so in mid-Michigan, but, it's melting rather quickly here.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
:laugh:

About as "non-essential" as you can get, Adam. I retired at the end of June! (But, truth be told, I'll be working part-time when the legislative session resumes next month).

And don't get me started on our Governor rushing back from his visit to Puerto Rico just to make sure we all somehow manage during this snowpocalypse. :rolleyes: I'm sure we'll all be okay now under his leadership.

Pete doesn't need no stinkin' day off! :D

full
Congrats on your retirement.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I'm sure it's a pain for many of you U.S. East Coast and Midwest dwellers, but I can't help but envy your snowfall a bit. Fifteen years living in Osaka, and it's only snowed twice, barely a half inch or so both times, and gone by lunchtime. <_<

The north of Honshu, and especially over in Hokkaido, though, is a completely different story...they get a TON of snow there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks