What's new

Site is Sloooow to load lately for me (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes.

Matter of fact...right now...

I have to use two devices.

I make a post, the app goes into "constant loading", never gets anywhere. Exit app.(there are even times my post on the device used to make the post...that the post doesn't even show up. Exit the app, use the other device, post is there. Which is causing my rash of double posting)

Pick up the other device. Tap the app, my post (or somebody else's) is at the top. Read whatever I want. Then it hits "reload never gets anywhere". Exit app. Attempt to get back in. 60% of the time constant reload..

Pick the other device again, tap the app and there is another at the top. Keep going till I can longer get into threads. Exit app. Pick up the other device...there is another new post...

Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm one of those who simply give up when the site becomes unresponsive. There have been times recently when I've wondered if I should just forget about HTF and go elsewhere.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Robin9 said:
I'm one of those who simply give up when the site becomes unresponsive. There have been times recently when I've wondered if I should just forget about HTF and go elsewhere.
Has the site become unresponsive since we made our last round of changes?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I almost never have any problems when using an actual computer to log in through the web. But the app has been very slow for me, especially later at night and overnight.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Been fine for me since (I looked back to see when I'd last posted) 3/18 or 3/19.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Add me to "unresponsive script" bunch. Same issue across IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Additionally for several days when I tried to view Robert Harris's few words on Blood and Black Lace, I was unable to scroll past his initial comments - whenever I tried, the browser would jump back to the top of the page. It's okay now though.

Regards,

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Very slow today. I logged off and went to other sites and then returned. Still slow but not intolerable. Took about ten seconds from clicking on wanting to post to being able to type this post.

The only other site I visit regularly which can be equally slow is Ebay and that far less often.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
I have been having the same problems described above the last few days. Somewhat better today.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've been having to close the app and browser(regardless what browser) every time there is a new post.

I can read all I want(the app lately has, frankly, sucked) and then...it refuses to load.

Close the browser window...open another, go back to "new content"...stagnant for 5-20 seconds...

Eventually, voila, there is a new post at the top...

(Like this post. To see this post, I actually had to close the app...open the browser, it was hung up, then reopen the app...there the post was...)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I'm almost constantly on the site and haven't seen this issue. Are you guys getting any specific information you can share via PM? I will look into it

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I get the IE11 "a long running script" message too. Desktop system running Win7.

What appears to happen....

The entire page loads very quickly. Then the page goes into "infinite loop hang" mode waiting for a response from the advertiser's servers for the top banner advert and the smaller square advert at top right. The page hangs and is unresponsive until those two adverts eventually load.

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
What I have noticed over the last 5 days is that the initial page load is fine (for new contents), but when I go to the second page or any subsequent page, it is very slow to load. I suspect this has to do with the ads loading on the page. This has never been a problem before so I am guessing something has changed once one goes beyond the initial page.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
The two previous posts describe what has been happening to me. In addition, sometimes the screen freezes up mementarily when I try to post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks