What's new

A Fresh New Look for HomeTheaterForum.com (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sorry @Todd Erwin, we're waiting to hear back from them currently. I've sent them a couple questions last week and I'll follow up as soon as the holidays are passed incase it got lost in the shuffle or if our manager is out for the holiday. I've also noticed that happen, infrequently, but it was very annoying when it happened.
This is still happening quite frequently.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Is anyone else having response time issues? I have issues with HTF pages loading, which seems to date back to when the "new look" was in place. It got better for a while but the loading issue is back, albeit intermittent.

I use Firefox, and the problem appears to be solely with HTF...I don't have any issues with other sites. And I'm not having any problems on my laptop with non-browser applications.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yes.
it seems to take too long for pages to load from links in email notices and sometimes don’t load at all. Blank page.
On chrome when I go to a page in a tab that is HTF it takes much longer to load then other similar sites

andrew

Administrator
Real Name
Andrew
Is anyone else having response time issues? I have issues with HTF pages loading, which seems to date back to when the "new look" was in place. It got better for a while but the loading issue is back, albeit intermittent.

I use Firefox, and the problem appears to be solely with HTF...I don't have any issues with other sites. And I'm not having any problems on my laptop with non-browser applications.
The backbones of HTF are all quite outdated; the forum version, wordpress version, as well as the actual server set up itself. That's been the culprit behind some the random downtimes when the load is too heavy recently also. We'll be addressing all three of those after the holidays when we're able to (it's a fairly massive undertaking) and that should make a considerable difference regarding speed and stability.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks