What's new

Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I was an active member starting in 1998, and stayed active until Facebook became a dominant force in the late 2000s. I fondly recall the people who I socialized with back then. Good luck!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Ha! Ok then. Something was going on.

Is there something weird going on with the forum software or is it just me?

I’m currently unable to post in threads unless I’m directly responding to another post and in terms of reacting to other posts I can only “like” a post and can no longer use any of the other options. (And if I do click “like” its not instant, I get sent to a new page asking me to confirm that I like it.)

Also not retaining last read post, when I click on any thread, it brings me to the top of the last page rather than first new post.

Using mobile Safari browser.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Is there something weird going on with the forum software or is it just me?

I’m currently unable to post in threads unless I’m directly responding to another post and in terms of reacting to other posts I can only “like” a post and can no longer use any of the other options. (And if I do click “like” its not instant, I get sent to a new page asking me to confirm that I like it.)

Also not retaining last read post, when I click on any thread, it brings me to the top of the last page rather than first new post.

Using mobile Safari browser.

And now I seem to be back to normal. That was a weird couple hours! :)

Guardyan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mattie
I'm also late to the party and must ask: is this the reason why I've stopped receiving emails with the most popular topics of the week?

Maybe this was addressed many posts ago, so I hope you don't mind me asking.

Colin

Owner
Real Name
Colin
I'm also late to the party and must ask: is this the reason why I've stopped receiving emails with the most popular topics of the week?

Maybe this was addressed many posts ago, so I hope you don't mind me asking.
I received the email this morning. Let us know if you continue to not receive weekly summary emails.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm not as active on this site as I used to be. One thing I loved about it when I joined was the simple Home Page layout. I wouldn't mind a return to that simplicity. Just a minor nitpick :)

HTF is indeed a great community comprised of many longtime, respectful members. It really does feel like a small-ish community at times and that's probably something that is cherished amongst the membership. However, that kind of limits traffic on many of the threads I visit, some of which look like ghost towns with just 3 or 4 comments then nothing. This is the main reason why I migrated to "the other forum". Admittedly that other site has a somewhat nefarious reputation, undeservedly so IMO, but I very much enjoy the camaraderie and chaotic nature of the conversations and it's what keeps me engaged. I'm NOT saying I want the HTF to mimic that other site, just that I wish some of the topics that interest me had better/more feedback. I will continue to visit the HTF from time to time since I still do find the general atmosphere engaging on the threads I also visit occasionally.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Welcome, Colin and Jonathan! From all that I have read, I am looking forward to your added presence and contributions as the new owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks