What's new

Press Release Shout Factory Press Release: ALF: The Complete Series (DVD) (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The cat populace must be planning a boycott on Alf. They found the program insensitive to the feline contingent of the country, and degrading to their species, especially since ALF and his people, ate their kind.

==jthree
The 80s on 8 channel on SiriusXM plays a funny bit on occasion-
Alf- “Where do you keep the casserole dishes?”
Female- “Why?”
Alf- “The cat won’t fit in the toaster.”

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Here's the 2 versions of the encoding on youtube, from the incorrect fake film look and second from when it aired on TRIO properly.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Here's the 2 versions of the encoding on youtube, from the incorrect fake film look and second from when it aired on TRIO properly.

Are you related to Jesse Skeen?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Not to sidetrack the thread too far, but I was wondering if the 'Laugh-In' episodes are edited or full length on DVD?

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Not to sidetrack the thread too far, but I was wondering if the 'Laugh-In' episodes are edited or full length on DVD?
On the DVD from Time Life, the pilot episode from 1967 is edited, someone edited out the sponsor references and all except one of the sponsor commercials, the sponsor for the pilot was Timex. The complete pilot is on You Tube, it includes the sponsor references and sponsor commercials, it runs a little over 57 minutes. On the Time Life DVD, the pilot runs only a little over 53 minutes because of the editing that was done to it.

With regards to the episodes from the series itself, on the DVD's the ones in the 52 minute range appear to be complete, but some episodes are a little shorter in the 50 minute range, there's one episode, I think it's from season 6, that has a run time of about 49:50. I'm skeptical that some of these shorter episodes could be edited but I don't know for sure.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
All network TV episodes are edited if you're including the commercials, so I don't consider the Laugh-In pilot edited even though there's the Shout version on youtube with some more commercials.

The season 6 episode you referenced I talked about on the Complete Series thread:

Episode 12 is shorter by about 30 seconds because it's the only 6th Season episode that doesn't have a preview for the next week's episode. I believe it was edited out and what you see Dan starting to say is about the preview for the next episode. Why was it edited out? Two possible reasons. One is that the following two weeks after that aired was Christmas and New Year's. A rerun was aired on Christmas Day and it was pre-empted on New Year's. The following week's new episode was originally supposed to air on November 6th, but was pre-empted by an NBC special, probably about the next day's election, and was re-scheduled for January 8th. So, either way, Episode 14 had an incorrect preview in it and since there wouldn't be any new episode for three weeks, they just edited it out. Hence the shorter running time.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
All network TV episodes are edited if you're including the commercials, so I don't consider the Laugh-In pilot edited even though there's the Shout version on youtube with some more commercials.

The season 6 episode you referenced I talked about on the Complete Series thread:
Still unfortunate though that someone at Time Life had to mess with the pilot episode and delete the sponsor plugs and all except one of the sponsor commercials. I would have preferred it to be intact on the DVD but thankful that the pilot can be viewed unaltered on You Tube.

A favorite episode of mine from the entire series is episode 6 of season 2. Rowan and Martin do some hilarious quick bits in this episode playing the roles of inept furniture movers.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
If someone's feeling particularly spendy, here's some Complete Series bundles with additional goodies:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone confirmed that these are encoded properly and not given that stupid fake film look?

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Has anyone confirmed that these are encoded properly and not given that stupid fake film look?
I have only watched a couple of them and they looked great to me. It DOES look like they might have remastered or tried to make them look clearer. But it didn't detract from my viewing and enjoying the episodes. It still looks very "tv-ish" to me (for lack of a better word). LOL

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Is there a review up listing the running times? For its era, the shows should probably be around 24 minutes, maybe a little shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks