What's new

Pre-Order The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series (Collector's Edition) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
From Shout Factory website:

Price $151.98
Product Note: Extras in progress and will be announced at a later date.

Synopsis​

"GENTLEMEN, WE CAN REBUILD HIM, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO DELIVER HIM IN HIGH DEFINITION!"
Lee Majors is "better, stronger, faster" in high definition! This 33-Blu-ray set includes all 99 episodes, the 3 pilot films, 3 reunion films and bonus crossover episodes of The Bionic Woman.
When an aircraft crash leaves him barely alive, Colonel Steve Austin is rebuilt with cutting-edge bionic technology. Now, atomic-powered limbs propel him at speeds of 60 mph, giving him the ability to overturn massive objects and take on the world's most nefarious villains and their evil plans. Join one of TV Guide's "24 Greatest Action Heroes" as he tackles top-secret missions that left millions of fans breathless for five thrilling seasons and more.

Product Information​

DISCS
RUN-TIME
92.20 hrs
ASPECT RATIO Aspect Ratio:
The ratio of the width of an image compared to its height. Consult our FAQ for more info.

1.33:1
COLOR
Color
LANGUAGE
English
REGION
A
RATING
Not Rated
PRODUCTION DATE
1973-1978, 1987-1994
CLOSED-CAPTIONED Closed Captions:
Not to be confused with subtitles, these are enabled with your TV remote. Consult our FAQ for more info.
SUBTITLES Subtitles:
Bonus features may not be subtitled.

English

Last edited:

yamato72

Agent
Real Name
Marc Fenneuff
I picked up the first three seasons, cheap, on DVD several years ago and I'm not really feeling the itch to upgrade.

I mean, I traded my Airwolf DVD set for the BD set. But I guess I'm not as much of a Steve Austin fan.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
From Shout Factory website:

Price $151.98
Product Note: Extras in progress and will be announced at a later date.

Synopsis​

"GENTLEMEN, WE CAN REBUILD HIM, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO DELIVER HIM IN HIGH DEFINITION!"
Lee Majors is "better, stronger, faster" in high definition! This 33-Blu-ray set includes all 99 episodes, the 3 pilot films, 3 reunion films and bonus crossover episodes of The Bionic Woman.
When an aircraft crash leaves him barely alive, Colonel Steve Austin is rebuilt with cutting-edge bionic technology. Now, atomic-powered limbs propel him at speeds of 60 mph, giving him the ability to overturn massive objects and take on the world's most nefarious villains and their evil plans. Join one of TV Guide's "24 Greatest Action Heroes" as he tackles top-secret missions that left millions of fans breathless for five thrilling seasons and more.

Product Information​

DISCS
RUN-TIME
92.20 hrs
ASPECT RATIO Aspect Ratio:
The ratio of the width of an image compared to its height. Consult our FAQ for more info.

1.33:1
COLOR
Color
LANGUAGE
English
REGION
A
RATING
Not Rated
PRODUCTION DATE
1973-1978, 1987-1994
CLOSED-CAPTIONED Closed Captions:
Not to be confused with subtitles, these are enabled with your TV remote. Consult our FAQ for more info.
SUBTITLES Subtitles:
Bonus features may not be subtitled.

English
The corssovers sound promising, as long as they're accurately presented, like the TL set. No mention yet of the syndicated versions of the pilot movies. They were train wrecks, but totally worth having for completion sake.

KML10

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
I hope one of the extras is a documentary about the musical score for the series, especially the work of Oliver Nelson, his talents are one of the big reasons the series is so well remembered.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have the time life box I’ll wait to make sure the disks are error free which sometimes affect shout stuff and for a sale

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
I will keep an eye on this. But if the price is in the Outer Limits. I will wait. And I will be waiting I bet. But no big deal.
And I want to know if it has. English SDH. ?
Shout can be very . If, If at times.

Last edited:

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I hope one of the extras is a documentary about the musical score for the series, especially the work of Oliver Nelson, his talents are one of the big reasons the series is so well remembered.
There was talk of a soundtrack being released by LaLand records but no update in a while. I’d love that!!

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
And speaking of the Bionic Woman being released on Blu-Ray, it seems like it's going to come to fruition after all on 8/30/2022...

COMING ON 8/30:

* The Bionic Woman - The Complete Series: Collector's Edition (Shout! Factory)
Blu-ray Disc
NOT LISTED FOR PRE-ORDER AT THE TIME OF THIS WRITING
EXTRAS: in progress and will be announced at a later date
-----She can hear things undetectable to the human ear. She can crush steel in one hand. She can run faster than a sports car. She is The Bionic Woman: the world's first female cyborg...and the role model who inspired an entire generation! Join Primetime Emmy Award winner Lindsay Wagner in all 58 action-packed episodes from the complete, iconic series. From the early days with her new abilities, to her changing relationship with Steve Austin (The Six Million Dollar Man), to her increasingly dangerous role as a secret agent, Jaime Sommers' incredible, trailblazing journey is chronicled here, and it remains an indelible chapter in television history. 18-disc set.

MattHR

Screenwriter
SF has started shipping orders. Hopefully someone who receives theirs will quickly inspect and then post whether the five Bionic Woman episodes still have the same defective audio that plagued all DVD releases since 2010. The episodes in the set with the worst audio (as in the previous DVD releases) are "The Return of Bigfoot: Part II" and "Kill Oscar: Part I". The audio was severely muffled, with the mixing of dialog, music and sound effects being at wildly and seemingly-random levels. I'm still finding it very hard to believe that SF would release the episodes with these same problems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that SF has finally fixed them (which is something Universal has no interest in doing, despite being in possession of previous masters with perfect audio).

Here is a very effective comparison video showing differences in the flawed soundtrack for "The Return of Bigfoot: Part I" from the 2010 DVD and a previous master with perfect audio.

KML10

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
SF has started shipping orders. Hopefully someone who receives theirs will quickly inspect and then post whether the five Bionic Woman episodes still have the same defective audio that plagued all DVD releases since 2010. The episodes in the set with the worst audio (as in the previous DVD releases) are "The Return of Bigfoot: Part II" and "Kill Oscar: Part I". The audio was severely muffled, with the mixing of dialog, music and sound effects being at wildly and seemingly-random levels. I'm still finding it very hard to believe that SF would release the episodes with these same problems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that SF has finally fixed them (which is something Universal has no interest in doing, despite being in possession of previous masters with perfect audio).

Here is a very effective comparison video showing differences in the flawed soundtrack for "The Return of Bigfoot: Part I" from the 2010 DVD and a previous master with perfect audio.

Unfortunately the audio for Return of Bigfoot part 2, has not been fixed for this blu ray set.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Here's what I've been able to gather:

The special features list on the back of the case for Season 4 does not indicate the "Six Million Dollar Fans" featurette, yet it is on the disc.

The special feature list on the back of the case for Season 5 does not indicate the interview with Martin E. Brooks (Rudy Wells), yet it is on the disc.

There are also four scripts included as BD-ROM supplements that were not part of the originally-announced special features.

The "promos" appear to be nothing more than the same VHS-dubbed ABC clips that have been on YouTube for years, and not the original "Next On" ones that we were hoping for.

The stills galleries contain mostly the same images on Kenneth Johnson's website, with nothing of a "never-before-seen" nature.

Poor attention-to-detail in the packaging design's descriptive text (and nobody thought to correct the key shot of Majors on the back that is reversed...again?) and a flimsy box, instead of Shout's usual sturdy style, leaves a lot to be desired in the set's overall presentation.

At this point, the best we can hope for is that the episodes themselves are not littered with problems — audio or otherwise — as The Bionic Woman episodes have been (and will likely be again on the upcoming Blu-ray set).

KML10

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
Here's what I've been able to gather:

The special features list on the back of the case for Season 4 does not indicate the "Six Million Dollar Fans" featurette, yet it is on the disc.

The special feature list on the back of the case for Season 5 does not indicate the interview with Martin E. Brooks (Rudy Wells), yet it is on the disc.

There are also four scripts included as BD-ROM supplements that were not part of the originally-announced special features.

The "promos" appear to be nothing more than the same VHS-dubbed ABC clips that have been on YouTube for years, and not the original "Next On" ones that we were hoping for.

The stills galleries contain mostly the same images on Kenneth Johnson's website, with nothing of a "never-before-seen" nature.

Poor attention-to-detail in the packaging design's descriptive text (and nobody thought to correct the key shot of Majors on the back that is reversed...again?) and a flimsy box, instead of Shout's usual sturdy style, leaves a lot to be desired in the set's overall presentation.

At this point, the best we can hope for is that the episodes themselves are not littered with problems — audio or otherwise — as The Bionic Woman episodes have been (and will likely be again on the upcoming Blu-ray set).
Shout Factory should just offer the syndicated version of the Return Of Bigfoot part 2, at least the audio is correct on it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Amazon listing says it's "Amazon Exclusive Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]"

Is there anything different on the set you order from Amazon or is the wording just hype ?

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Find a link to the actual release page with a lively forum:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks