What's new

Shawshank Redemption: 10th Anniversary 2-disc Edition - 10/05 (1 Viewer)

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
Is the book any good? If it is just the screenplay I'll pass but if it is informative I will consider getting the box set.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just read the DVD Times review of the R2 version.

Kind of a bummer they get DTS but the R1 doesn't. :thumbsdown:

But....I still cannot wait to pick this one up Tuesday. SR is in my top five.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I'm confused. Is the book the same Stephen King story that appeared in Different Seasons, or is it something else?

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Just got the DVD. The parody on disc 2, "Sharktank Redemption," was hilarious! Man, that was great.

EDIT: I was watching some of the movie, and while the picture is excellent, the soundtrack mix sounds about the same as the first release. Its not great, but about right for the movie.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I pulled the trigger on my order with Amazon but am told I won't see this till the end of this month or well into next month. Is such a lag normal or are they giving me a cautious estimate?

BTW - how is the picture quality?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. My DeepDiscountDVD order for the 3-disc set is backordered, until around 10/15. I hope there's no problem with either set.

Herb Kane

Screenwriter

It's almost hard to believe but so far no screener from WB. I'd have thought this title would be a priority for them in light of the popularity of the film. I do have an email in to see if copies are going to be sent out...

Herb.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
While I trust there will be an improvement (even just a little bit will force my hand), I'm leaving the plastic on just in case until I read some comparisons.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
A few observations about the 2-disc set:

1) The transfer is noticably better than the previous DVD. Not night-and-day, but if you have a large display, you will see the difference. I liken it to Superbits vs. the regular edition.

2) A glaring continuity error has been digitally corrected. I won't go into heavy detail for the two of you out there who still haven't seen this movie, but let's just say it involves a bullet wound late in the film. I noticed the change immediately, and not surprisingly, Darabont addresses it in his commentary. He said it's driven him nutz for 10 years and he's thrilled it's finally been fixed.

3) The trailer is 4x3 on this DVD, whereas it was 16x9 on the previous release. Bizarre.

I haven't gotten to Disc 2 yet, but I thought I'd offer my thoughts on the first disc for those who are still on the fence about picking up this set.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Adam......is the logo WB now (I would assume) or Columbia (original theatrical distributor)? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks