What's new

Shawshank Redemption: 10th Anniversary 2-disc Edition - 10/05 (1 Viewer)

Sten F

Second Unit
Don´t forget that Korea (region 3) have become one of the best to release SUPER DELUXE LIMITED EDTIONS. I´m sure the 3-disc will be available to other Regions as well, eventually.

Solution: Get a Multi-region player.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
That 3rd R2 disc could be some good interviews.

Will be getting the R1 Deluxe; nice chance to get the Kermode book and I'll just have 2 score CDs . . . maybe sell my current copy. Speaking of score, I wish there was more focus on Thomas Newman in the supps.

Dunno when it was taped but Frank, Tim and Morgan were on Charlie last Monday, Sept. 6. Seems to me that was either taped a few months ago, or the Charlie interview on the new DVD is older.

-p

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
www.dvdsoon.com has informed their customers that the Limited Edition of Shawshank Redemption has been cancelled.

amazon.ca lists it as 'Not Available'.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Maybe it was only cancelled in Canada - amazon.com still lists it.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I just checked Best Buy, Amazon, and the top 8 retailers on DVDpricesearch and all are showing the Deluxe Edition as still available for pre-order.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Well up here in Canada, it seems like they also cancelled the "French Casing" of the 2 disc edition as well... This probably means that this release will now have a "bilingual packaging".

If I were to guess, I'd say this is a "Canadian thing". The 3 disc collectors edition is not for everyone, only the biggest fans will get it. If their that big a fan or collectors, they sertainly won't want a "French" case or even a bilingual case, they'll just get it from the States instead!

So their is really no reason to make a Canadian version of the 3 disc edition with a French or Bilingual case, as it won't really sell.

In Canada, if you don't make seperate English AND French packaging for your products, then you "have" to make a "Bilingual" packaging... Unfortunately, it's the law!

Those buying the 2 disc edition up here in Canada may want to reconsider as it's case will surely be bilingual.

Frank M

Stunt Coordinator
A Message from DVDImport:

Dear customer, We have just recently learned that this item will not be released in Canada. We are trying to set up a way to get our hands on some American versions but it is possible that we might not be able to sell this title at all. If you could please contact us on it release date, we will surely have all the required information by then, we apologize.
Best regards, Sarah V. Customer services, DVDIMPORT

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
So only the 3-disc won't be available in Canada? I just checked my order status on dvdsoon and they did have it listed as cancelled :frowning:

Warner does release separate French and English products, so those who buy it up here in Canada WON'T have to worry about bilingual packaging. A look at dvdsoon shows that both French and English versions are separately listed.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
DV-Depot says that the Canadian Limited Edition has been cancelled because Warner doesn't have the Canadian rights to the book.

DV-Depot will import the US version for their customers but it will cost a little bit more.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Yes but the "Canadian" version of the 2 disc edition WITH "French" packaging has been cancelled as well... Which means that their will only be one type of packaging for the 2 disc edition.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
Here's hoping that amazon.ca will sell the imported 3-disc version. Dv-depot is too expensive.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Probably old news, but I just came accross some 3-d pictures of the limited edition deluxe box set at DVDTown...

Looks nice but I think I'll be sticking with the 2-disc S.E. since I doubt that book will ever be opened and I'm not too interestedin the cd. I'd really like to get ahold of the 3rd disc from the R2 UK set though...

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm lukewarm about DVD supplemental material and commentaries. My main concern is whether the DVD has the best possible quality picture and sound.

I have the original Shawshank Redemption and was wondering if the new special edition featured a better transfer as the original is rather dark and shadow detail is poor. Fortunately, I ran across this quote from Frank Darabont:

“When I realized last year that we were approaching the ten-year anniversary of the theatrical release of The Shawshank Redemption, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to respond to fans’ requests for a Special Edition DVD,” Darabont notes, “I’m really thrilled that Warner Home Video agreed. The picture and sound are new, sparkling, state-of-the-art transfers that will take your breath away. We’ve made every effort to create supplemental materials that are both comprehensive and satisfying, the highlights of which are two superb documentaries totaling nearly ninety minutes.”

Therefor, I am definitely going to pick up the new version on October 5th, even though the review on DVDTIMES stated that shadow detail is still not optimal.

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator
I'm surprised there aren't any reviews yet considering the movie comes out on Tuesday. Is Sony not sending out advance review copies?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

It's WB here. They ARE sending screeners but they've had some form of "unavoidable delay" according to their PR rep...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks