What's new
World Wide Stereo

RX-V1400 and 5.1 sound? (1 Viewer)

TommyB

Stunt Coordinator
Just set up the 1400 and it sounds great!! However, I am unable to find a listening mode that will matrix 2-channel stereo into 5.1.

Am I missing something?

728x90

TommyB

Stunt Coordinator
Pro Logic II - Music is one of the modes I tried, but I'm still getting 2-channel.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Are you getting sound from your surrounds in Dolby Digital or DTS? If yes, then check the input setup menu. On my receiver (Integra DTR 6.4), I can set it so that the default mode for an input is surround or two-channel. Also make sure the input, if digital, is selected as such. I don't know the Yamaha specifically, but if it has as many permutations in its set up as mine, it is easy to make the wrong setting by accident (the oversensitive joystick control on my remote makes this all too easy). However, even if you've set the input to two channel in your receiver, you should be able to override it with your remote, if it has a surround selector button.

Good luck, and I hope someone with a 1400 comes along to help.

Paul S

Stunt Coordinator
To get multi-channel stereo simply press the stereo button on your remote numerous times. It will cycle between the various modes for stereo and multi-channel stereo operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks