• 77FD1DEE-3553-4C7F-8E0A-991CC3EA8541.jpeg
    77FD1DEE-3553-4C7F-8E0A-991CC3EA8541.jpeg
    872.9 KB · Views: 59

Peter Trent

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete
OK Pete, take a breath.

That last pic is helpful, because it shows how much distance there is between the front and surround speakers. That creates a big empty space, which I suggest filling. That Dolby page is a great guideline, but you need to adapt it to your environment. So, even though in an ideal room with 5.1, you would add speakers almost directly overhead for 5.1.2, I suggest putting the Elevation speakers further forward than "ideal" to help fill in that gap. I'd be inclined to put them on the front side of the vaulted ceiling. As in, right at the opposite side of the peak, and aimed toward the sitting area.

In other words, we already established that your surround speakers are further back than ideal, so I suggest putting the Atmos further forward than ideal to compensate. The goal is to basically fill the room with sound, rather than having all the sound come from the two extreme sides of the room.
This makes sense, will do..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks