What's new

opinions on this klipsch setup (1 Viewer)

RussellB

Grip
im looking to upgrade my 7.1 system.
i visited my local audio/video store. i listened to RF35 for fronts, RC35 for center, RS 25 for sides and rear. it sounded good for me although thats not saying anything. they even had a yamaha rxv 1400(thats what i have) to push them.
i have a sony sub that im keeping. i listened to the klipsch with no sub to see what kind of bass the klipsch would do and i liked the way they sounded.
i have thought of some questions after i left. if you are familiar with the rs 25 surrounds let me know if i should use them or if i should go with a conventional type of speaker. my living area is 20 x 20, but my HT is on one side of the room. i dont know if these rs 25 will throw the sound all over the place or not.

i also listened to the RF25 for fronts and i liked the RF35 better.

how would these compare to the Infinity Beta series that CC has. i havent listened to those yet.

prices:

RF35 999.95 pr

RC 35 399.95 pr

RS 25 399.95 pr x 2

plus tax 2375.79

thanks for your time

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,Actually i'm looking at buying the exact same set-up as you. I'm definitely going with the yamaha 1400 reciever, I have the rc-35 already purchased, and I believe I am going to go with the rs-25's even though my room is very large(25x30). I have beams running across my room on each side of my seating are so I can hang my surrounds even with my seating position. I dont see the reason for me to get the rs-35's due to the fact that they are going to be 3 feet from my sofa on each side. I belive I have also decided to go with the rf-35's due to the size of my room. I am pretty sure that the klipsch referance line will blow anything at circuit city away.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I really just cant decide, I know the factory warranty would be great, but I dont think its worth the extra $600 I could save by buying online. Those prices you are showing look pretty steep, you should be able to get some leeway. Especially if you are buying the whole system at once. I would ask for 20% off, and maybe go down to 15% at the lowest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks