What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

***Official Zelda:The Wind Waker - Your thoughts here... Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've actually kind of changed my mind about sea travel. It's pretty exhilarating (though, I have the ballad and will be using it :) ). The game gets better the longer I play it. I absolutely love the graphics.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
After track, I get to start the Deku Tree part. The music is awesome there, all ambient and nice.

Storms out in the Great Sea pwn.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Just bought the GBASP, and I am pleasently surprised on how much it helps you throughout the game.

Almost a reson to buy a SP.

Stuck in the postal village, going to try more this afternoon.
Made up to 27 letters, in the letter sorting game.(fun)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Bert,

Run at the tree and roll into it like you would a shelf or anything else. It will shake the creatures right off. You have to time the roll so that link does the "bounce off and fall on his butt" animation.:)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Well......you are.

(that was of course a joke Bert, just messin with ya buddy:). I'm gonna turn myself into your own personal strategy guide..lol)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Romier, have you already beaten Zelda?
Have two days off coming here and I'd like to get Zelda finished off and I have a few more sequences to get through for Clock Tower 3. Both of which Im working on reviews for. I'd like to get my Clock Tower 3 review actually posted on the HTF (since its been awhile since Ive posted a review *saving content for site* and no one seems to be talking about this overlooked little horror game) by Monday-Tuesday.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Romier, I finished Clocktower 3 a few days ago. Fun little game, good enough to get my survival horror fix but not good enough to forget RE. Also, wasn't the Grandfather's obsession with his granddaughter a wee bit unsettling?
We now take you back to your Zelda reviews, still in progress . . .

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Jordan,

Not to derail the discussion further (and when I get my review up next week I hope you join in the discussion so we can talk about the game further) but:

good enough to get my survival horror fix but not good enough to forget RE.
See, forgetting the technical whizzbang behind RE0. (citing the latest RE adventure here for direct comparison) I found CT 3 to be a far more enjoyable and just plain out more fun game than RE0, which after you debarked from the train ride just fell totally flat IMO. (We'll talk more next week:).)

Now back to your regularly scheduled Zelda discussion:)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Here's some wallpaper I'm working on.

Yes, I plan on making the whole series.

Mike

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Actually, it's interesting, I don't find sailing around tedious at all. I wish it was quicker because I'm supposed to be studying while I'm playing Zelda ;), but otherwise I enjoy it. It's fun to just look around and see what's out there in that huge map.

I can see why people don't like it though.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Hokay, I need help. It's not really a spoilerish question, but I will spoiler-text it just to be nice for people who need to play the game without knowing anything ;).

The floating shop around Rocky Spire Island that's selling the bottle, heart container, and treasure chart. Does it actually leave and never return after the one week that the owner says? I'm trying to buy everything from there before it closes but I'm wondering if that's just, say, a lie or not and I don't need to bust my hump sinking ships and dredging treasures. Thanks to anybody who knows!

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I finally got mine in the mail yesterday!

One major disappointment so far (for musically challenged me):

I didn't know there was going to be a music element to this one. I hated that part of Ocarina. I'm just not good at those "hit the button at this instant" mini-games.

Can someone who has finished the game (or is pretty far along) tell me how integral the music is to this game? I just need to know how many replacement controllers I'm going to have to buy. ;)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Camp you don't need to hit the C key at the right moment, it just has to be in the position needed for the code when the dot crosses the middle. So just hold it till it registers then set the next one.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
tell me how integral the music is to this game?
VERY integral... for instance, you have to use one song to change the direction of the wind to the direction you want to sail (or you don't move ;) )

I actually like using the Wind Waker better than the Ocarina :)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
my thought about this game : it is a perfect game for me. flawless, the best animation i have seen in a game. i am a picky gamer, i even hated shenmue2 despite all of my effort to like it. and i dont get seasick playing this one! i got seasick playing max payne, mdk2 and mafia....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks