What's new

Voiceplay - Modern Acapella at its Best (8 Viewers)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am not sure if anyone else here has heard of Voiceplay. They showed up in my YouTube recommendations for some reason, and I have become obsessed with them. This is not like the college acapella like in the movie Pitch Perfect. This is acapella on steroids.

There are 3 big acapella groups that are popular right now. There is Pentatonix, which is the more corporate style but very good. There is Home Free which are more country acapella. Then there is Voiceplay. They are the "theater kids" of acapella. They always put on a show. They don't really have a single type of music. They try it all.

They do a lot of Disney and Broadway Musical compilations that have awesome arrangements. They have done quite a few songs from Nightmare before Christmas. They have done a few video game themes.

They have a bass singer that is out of this world. He could break your subwoofers. He can go down to a B0. His name is Geoff Castellucci. He also does his own stuff on his own channel that is worth checking out.

If you want some suggested Voiceplay songs to get a feel, here are links to some of their best (imho) songs that show their variety.

Valhalla Calling - Viking themed song from Assassins Creed - Valhalla (watch to the end... Big suprise change in music genre)

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica Cover (Starts very subdued but builds to an awesome climax)

Hoist the Colours - Pirates of the Caribbean

The Dragonborn Comes - From the video game Skyrim

Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush (Stranger Things Acapella)

Sorry to fanboy out but I just want to expose more people to them. They are completely self run. They do not have a record label behind them. They get all their funding from YouTube and Patreon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks