What's new

***Official Zelda:The Wind Waker - Your thoughts here... Thread*** (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I love the Battleship, I mean squid game in the village.

I finally got it on 19 bombs.

I just get a kick everytime that guys goes through his routine, and everytime you hit(BOOM!) or miss(SPLOOSH!)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I am not having any luck with common sense, oloz.

I am stuck on the second "dungeon" and I have already given the Prince what the girl gave to me, and I have already thrown her up to the Roost and now I am wandering aimlessly everywhere hoping to trigger any advancement.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Loving WindWaker a lot. I'm through the 1st dungeon and plan on playing a bunch more this weekend. Love the graphics, camera is good, and little Link is very well done. Another wonderful game from the folks at the big N.

-Dean-

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I finished the Fire Dungeon
last night and I enjoyed it quite a bit. After playing for a good while I can safely say that my complaints about OoT were addressed(bad camera angles and problems with the lock on button not working properly all the time). I agree, the sailing does get old really quickly. Also, the part where you have to get the Deku Leaf and then fly into the updraft to get into the Forbidden Woods was a pain. Took me about a million tries to hit the updraft
I think I'm in the minority but I also didn't have much trouble with the sneaking around part. I got caught twice and then figured it out from there. Perhaps because I'm used to playing Splinter Cell ;) I'm really digging it thus far and from what I've read it only gets better.

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, question time from me

I can't for the life of me get the wind song to work for gettting off of the dragon island. I cant even find the place to learn it. I see what one of the statues or stones or whatever is broken, and I see the movements on the first stone, but when I do those nothign happens. I've heard some sort of god is supposed to teach me the song, whats the deal here? Any help?

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Phew, you know, maybe at 25 my game playing skills are getting soft, but I am not having an easy slog through this game. I haven't died yet (bless you fairy!) but I've come close. :D

Picked up the first inventory item from previous Zelda's today in a dungeon, was pleasantly surprised to find that it's been beefed up. Had a great time playing with that ;).

So far I have been reminded of Princess Mononoke and the opening part of Curse of Monkey Island while playing this game. Both in the best way possible.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I am stuck far into 2nd dungeon. I just did the

hold B trick to break all 3 ropes at once and I am stiuck in the room inside of the dragon head. There is a grappling hook dock and a hole in a wall for me to land and another path to the side but I can't advance because I don't know how the hell to get there.

Input please.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Bert,

Hold the R Shoulder button until your motion stops when you are swinging towards the hole. From there continue holding R and turn Link toward the small opening to the left of the small alcove you were swinging towards. Just swing over there and you are through!

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Awesome fast responde Romier. Why didn't a prompt come up telling me I was capable of such? That's odd, thank you! :)

Ryan FB

Second Unit
OK, here's an odd problem...
My compass decided to reverse itself!
That compass that's in the bottom left while you're sailing...mine at some point decided East (the right side of the compass) should instead be West, and West should be East (i.e. when I hit D-Pad up to look at the map, if the map says I'm going East, my little compass says I'm going West). I haven't saved yet since it's happened since I'm afraid it'll get stuck that way, but by the same token I don't want to have to redo everything since my last save...any ideas?
:frowning: :angry:

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
Ryan, the official Nintendo player's guide explains about the compass in a footnote:

"The yellow arrow shows the wind's direction, while the compass shows yours. It's a nautical compass, so east means west and vice versa. North and south, however, are unaffected."

Adam_Garris

Supporting Actor
In the 2nd dungeon, did anyone notice slowdown when you were on the thing you cut down when it was on the fire about to go back up? Maybe it was because I was panning the camera around and there was too much going on?

Ryan FB

Second Unit
"The yellow arrow shows the wind's direction, while the compass shows yours. It's a nautical compass, so east means west and vice versa. North and south, however, are unaffected."
Oh...thanks! :) Don't I feel smart now...:b :D

Adam:
I experienced the same thing at that point, and asked about it earlier, at least one other person had it happen to them in the exact same spot.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
wahoo! Just got the master sword. I'm really getting the hang of it now. Its actually been pretty easy, but that whole dungeon after the 3 pearls sure was long. Its almost 1am...must...get...sleep...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I am really enjoying this game. I have two problems with the game: a) the sheer size of the Great Sea... until you get the Ballad of the Gales, travel borders on tedium and b) lack of continuity. Since the Great Sea is Hyrule flooded, I expected to encounter more of the ancient peoples (Kokiri, Hylian, Goron, Gerudo, Sheikah, Zora) in the game. I realize that the Kokiri has transformed into the Korok and the Hylian and Zora races have survived and of course, Ganon is a Gerudo, but I have yet to encounter any of the others... having finished about half the game.

The Rito race is the coolest thing that has been added to the formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks