What's new

NCAA Basketball 2005-2006 Season (1 Viewer)

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Well Northern Iowa has gone down, although judging from the score it appears they put up a good fight. Southern Illinois is well on its way to a horrifying defeat (down 23 with 2:45 to go). Hopefully Bradley will suffer a similar similar fate to that of S. Ill. (not that I have anything against Bradley, but I'd like to see Kansas win)...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Iowa was in my elite 8 but other than that I haven't lost many that have hurt that bad. I can still get 32 points in the Oakland Bracket, 30 in the Washington, 27 in the Minneapolis, but only 21 in the Atlanta.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I've got a seat next to you on that boat...

Fortunately, U-Conn decided to start playing with about 11 minutes to go and now things are in hand.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Next year there will be almost certainly be a new coach in Iowa City (finally) so the program may return to its glory days that Lute Olson and Dr. Tom Davis provided.

Consider this: Davis was essentially fired before his last season, but still went out and gave it his all that year. He won more NCAA tourney games that year (2) than Steve Alford won in 7 seasons at Iowa (1). I feel sorry for Hoosier fans for what he will do to their program, but they can have him anyway. :)

Also, I'd like to take a moment to note the passing of one of the most respected (and classiest) coaches in NCAA history: Ray Meyer.

We'll miss you Coach. RIP

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Damn you, Kansas. My brackets are now ruined. No statistical way I can pull this out now.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'm in dead last in my money bracket. I did even worse today (8-16) than I did yesterday. My other bracket was an even more complete disaster. I had done decently on day 1 with 12 right, but I got a whopping 6 right today!

Murray St. seems to keep it close and come up just short every year. I'm hoping one of these years they win one for my Dad.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I went 12-4 on both day 1 and 2.

My losses:
UNC-wilmington
Syracuse (sweet 16)
Iowa
Marquette
UAB
MSU (elite 8)
Wisconsin
Nevada

The Mich st. loss hurts the most with them being picked to the elite 8. Now I need north Carolina to lose.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I got totally screwed, I only picked 21 of the 32 winners, and lost my pick for winner and two other elite eights. I figured not knowing much about the field that Iowa seemed a decent enough semi educated guess choice (I don't like picking frontrunners) and stranger things have happened in this madness before. I didn't expect they'd lose in the first round though!

oh well, it's just for fun. And on the other hand, those three elite eight teams (Iowa, Nevada, Kansas) are also the only sweet sixteen picks I lost. :)

This is addictively fun, I'll have to do it again next year.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Went 23-9 in the opening round, and lost only 2 in my sweet 16, but still haven't lost any in my elite 8 picks yet.

Upsets in the first round:

1 in the 3/14 matchup
1 in the 4/13 matchup
2 in the 5/12 matchup
2 in the 6/11 matchup
2 in the 7/10 matchup

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
As good as North Carolina is, it's scary to imagine how much better they would be if they hadn't lost all those players from last year. 31-0 and #1 in the nation wouldn't be a stretch in my opinion.

As for my brackets, I only entered in the ESPN challenge.

1) 25/32 (Only serious bracket)
2) 23/32 (Top Seeds win every game)
3) 9/32 (Bottom Seeds win every game)
4) 12/32 (Coin Flip Bracket. Interestingly, #16 won all their 1st round games :))
5) 22/32 (All Big Ten Final Four (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Ohio State)

Just for comparison, Sports Illustrated is 19/32 and they picked Kansas to the Final Four. Ouch!

RichardK

Second Unit
It's lonely at the top. :b

Likely down hill from here though.
I had KU in my Elite 8.
I am max 13/16 on the Sweet
I am max 7/8 on the Elite.
I need Florida and Illinois to go down to help out my situation.

Enjoy the weekend.

Go Horns. Hook 'em.

-RKRTXEX96

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
So, this is the point where strength of the Missouri Valley should be acknowledged. Wichita State takes out Tennessee.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
There goes my upset champ. Really, have to wonder what Weber was thinking. Terrible decisions to call timeouts down the stretch with seconds on game/shot clock when his team was struggling for an opening to begin with. Ended up with two long bombs instead after the worthless time outs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks