What's new

Movies in 3D (1 Viewer)

tbaio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

I saw Captain America in 3D and it was completely unnecessary. I've been trying to avoid 3D shows, but this was the only one that fit my schedule so I reluctantly bought a ticket. It was a waste of money. I'm done with 3D. If I can't find a 2D show, I'll Redbox the blu-ray.

Malcolm,

I was almost a victim of seeing this movie in 3-D as well; in fact, I was looking forward to seeing it in 3-D. Luckily I happened to read an early review which stated that the 3-D was non-existant & useless. I totally understand your dissappointment. However, there have been some very good 3-D films. Don't give up completely yet. Before seeing a 3-D movie, first check to see if it was actually shot in 3-D & read reviews for it. Its a shame this has to be done, but you don't want to end up dissappointed again.

tbaio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Did anyone see Shark Night 3-D?? Dumb movie, but the 3-D used was outstanding. Thus far, both this film & Final Destination 5 are hands down the best movies to utilize 3-D in quite a while. I'm hoping Immortals can do the same.

tbaio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Yeah, the depth/emmersion effect was done well, but the many scenes of projected dimension are what got me. The shrapnel from the explosion, the cookie-cutter shark sequence & when the shark is blasted in half at the end were my favorite scenes. It seems horror movies & cartoons are the only films with any courage to try native 3-D. I think these films have lots of great opportunites to utilize the format, but it would be nice to see either an action, sci-fi or war movie have the honors as well. With many scenes of explosions, schrapnel, etc., I think the movie would be hit with the audience.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
People who like 3D better ask for a small raise...:D http://boingboing.net/2011/09/29/sony-to-cinemas-no-more-free-3d-glasses.html#disqus_thread

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks