Movies in 3D

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Abby_B, Dec 8, 2008.

1. tbaio

tbaio Stunt Coordinator

Malcolm,

I was almost a victim of seeing this movie in 3-D as well; in fact, I was looking forward to seeing it in 3-D. Luckily I happened to read an early review which stated that the 3-D was non-existant & useless. I totally understand your dissappointment. However, there have been some very good 3-D films. Don't give up completely yet. Before seeing a 3-D movie, first check to see if it was actually shot in 3-D & read reviews for it. Its a shame this has to be done, but you don't want to end up dissappointed again.

2. tbaio

tbaio Stunt Coordinator

Did anyone see Shark Night 3-D?? Dumb movie, but the 3-D used was outstanding. Thus far, both this film & Final Destination 5 are hands down the best movies to utilize 3-D in quite a while. I'm hoping Immortals can do the same.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, the underwater P.O.V. shots gave them alot of opportunities to have levels of depth which looked good. It's too bad they can't make better movies that properly utilize 3-D.

4. tbaio

tbaio Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, the depth/emmersion effect was done well, but the many scenes of projected dimension are what got me. The shrapnel from the explosion, the cookie-cutter shark sequence & when the shark is blasted in half at the end were my favorite scenes. It seems horror movies & cartoons are the only films with any courage to try native 3-D. I think these films have lots of great opportunites to utilize the format, but it would be nice to see either an action, sci-fi or war movie have the honors as well. With many scenes of explosions, schrapnel, etc., I think the movie would be hit with the audience.

5. montrealfilmguy

montrealfilmguy Supporting Actor

People who like 3D better ask for a small raise...:D http://boingboing.net/2011/09/29/sony-to-cinemas-no-more-free-3d-glasses.html#disqus_thread