What's new

Your favorite movies of 2022 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think it also comes to Hulu/HBO Max and disc within the next couple weeks as well, though I will say it’s the only new film I’ve seen twice in theaters this year. It played well with an audience.

The less you know going in, the more you’ll enjoy it.
I loved The Menu too although I wouldn’t place it at #1. Too 10 tho.

Premieres tomorrow on HBO MAX.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
In no particular order:

Top Gun: Maverick
Banshees of Inisherin
The Batman
The Fablemans
The Menu
Babylon
The Whale
Devotion

Till, Tar and RRR were three that I regret not seeing at the theater and I noticed that others have listed them as their favorites of the year so I'm looking forward to seeing all three films.

One title that I saw but did not like was Everything, Everywhere All At Once and seeing it listed in this thread makes me think I should consider another screening.

billO'

Stunt Coordinator
I still have some (highly-regarded...but we'll see about that) films to see from 2022, but below are my picks sor far for the best. Just to qualify, I'm only including films that I'm certain would be in the running for a Top Ten spot, not ones that would likely just make an honorable mention (such Everything Everywhere, Nope, Fablemans).

The Northman
Bullet Train
Blonde
Emily The Criminal
The Menu
Tar
The Banshees Of Inisherin

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
I watched TOP GUN MAVERICK recently on dvd and I was bored to tears. Loved the original TOP GUN film however. I have never been a fan of Tom Cruise .Not a good actor in my opinion

Beckford

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
My favorites for 2022:
1. PONNIYIN SELVAN I
Large scale Tamil adventure film; castles, swords and plenty of spectacle plus Aishwarya Rai and music by A.R. Rahman
2. BABYLON
The trailer looked unpromising to me - but the movie itself was wonderful; one highlight sequence after another; hard to believe Margot Robbie's passionately committed performance wasn't Oscar nominated
3. THREE THOUSAND YEARS OF LONGING
The trailer was fascinating; the movie delivered fully on that promise. Another home-run for director George Miller
4. BARBARIAN
One of the year's big surprises; came right out of left field to give us a super suspenseful and creative Me Too era horror story
5. TAR
Brilliantly crafted and acted, a sustained high wire act convincingly set in the world of classical music
6. EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE
No quarrel with the Oscar wins for Michelle Yeoh and Jamie Lee Curtis. Terrific turns from both in a film that found art in chaos.
7. PINOCCHIO(Guillermo del Toro)
Collodi's wonderful story has spawned a lot of cinematic versions. This stop motion stunner and Matteo Garrone's live action version from three years ago are - I think - the two finest.
8. EMILY THE CRIMINAL
Engrossing modern crime story with standout performances from Aubrey Plaza and Theo Rossi.
9. DECISION TO LEAVE
Superb neo-noir from South Korea - with a powerful emotional payoff
10. MOONFALL
This big budget space epic had bad luck distribution wise and critics had no use for it. But I've enjoyed most of Roland Emmerich's sci fi/fantasy films (Universal Soldier, Stargate, 10,000 BC, 2012) and this one delivered for me as well. Would have been completely up for the sequel that'll unfortunately never happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks