What's new

Living Room Setup (1 Viewer)

Kravage

Auditioning
Real Name
Katan
Just wondering if people had any suggestions on what to do with my living room audio setup. It's somewhat of an odd layout--the wife loved the floorplan of the house so we went with it. It's sortof rectangular and the only place I can put my TV is above the mantle. I want good sound but the wife would have a fit if I got something that would be large and obtrusive. The house is pre-wired for in-ceiling speakers so I'm leaning towards just getting 4 of those and a good sub. Right now I'm leaning toward getting these [Klipsch CDT-5800](https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-CDT-5800-C-II-Ceiling-Speaker/dp/B0074WSYXC). My overall budget is probably around $3k, I have an upstairs media room that I'll probably deck out later when we have more cash on hand. I know that in general having in ceiling as your only speakers probably isn't the best idea, but I'm somewhat limited just given the space.

Here are some pics of the space: https://imgur.com/a/PWZZ96u

Thanks for all the advice!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
With all those limitations, I’d just get a good soundbar and save the money for the media room.

Kravage

Auditioning
Real Name
Katan
Yeah...I guess I might lean that way. I'm a little jaded because I had a sound bar once and had an issue with dialogue on movies being super quiet and action being really loud. It made watching movies impossible really.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It was either a bad soundbar, or it wasn't set up right, because that shouldn't happen. A true soundbar will have individual speakers and volume levels for each (3) channels, so you can adjust it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks