What's new

How to use a soundbar with a Rear-Mounted Projector (weird room setup) (1 Viewer)

iKokomo

Grip
Real Name
Carl Oak
We live in a small apartment and unfortunately, a full surround does not really work in our situation. I was just wondering how to use a soundbar with my projector.

The reason I ask is the projector (and components like PS4 and Xbox) are in the back of the room, but the soundbar (and all inputs/outputs) would be in the front of the room (the opposite of the projector).

Is there a way to keep my components (PS4, Xbox, and the like) in the back of the room? The way the room is designed, there is not really a way to put any of the components in front. I really can only put a soundbar in the front.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a soundbar that is designed for a projector with a "breakout AV box" in the back?

Or

2. Can I use the soundbar in the rear instead of in front?

Thanks for your help! I know this is a weird setup.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If I'm understanding correctly, it seems like you need a wireless hdmi setup to send video from the front of the room to the projector. I have no experience with any of these but it does seem like a totally doable thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks