What's new

LG OLED CX & Onkyo HDMI newbie No rear channels in 5.1 Receiver information says: 5.1 in 5.1 out (1 Viewer)

Julien43

Auditioning
Real Name
Julien Therrien
Hello Folks

I have a problem getting output from my rear channels using HDMI. I've searched through the TV and receiver manuals looking for options. Everything I've tried has failed. A clue is that I am not getting anything out when the TV is the source and streaming movies. Can someone point me in the right direction? I would have pulled my hair out if I wasn't bald already.
Thanks for reading my post.

Julien

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Are you getting sound from the center channel?

Julien43

Auditioning
Real Name
Julien Therrien
Are you getting sound from the center channel?
Yes, I am. There is an Info View from the receiver. Audio choice says 5.1 both in and out. The channels are still working as I get pink noise calibration through.

Last edited:

Julien43

Auditioning
Real Name
Julien Therrien
I can get 5.1 from the TV streaming apps if I connect the optical output to the receiver.

BAMatter

Auditioning
Real Name
Ben
Are your ARC settings correct? It may not be processing the sound to 5.1, especially if an optical cable is giving you the correct formatting in the same scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks