What's new

Trying to Play PC Games at 4K and 120Hz on my Denon AVR-X4700H. (1 Viewer)

BluHT

Agent
Real Name
D Manning
Hello.

I prefer to play my games, which are all on my PC (Windows 11), using my 77-inch LG C1 OLED TV. Both the computer and the TV are connected to my Denon AVR-X4700H receiver. The computer's graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090.

I've been noticing that there has been some image tearing in games which seems to relate to the refresh rate. I would like to play the games from my PC in 4K at 120Hz but I can't seem to find a setting on this receiver that does that. The computer and the graphics card control panel are not recognizing the receiver as able to accept a 120Hz signal, even though it should be able to.

What am I doing wrong and what settings, if any, do I need to change? Are there any settings on the TV itself that I also need to check and change?

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I believe you have to connect the computer to hdmi input #7 to get 120Hz on the X4700H.

And of course make certain all your hdmi cables are 120Hz compliant.

Plus, is the LG C1 120Hz capable? I bet @Sam Posten knows.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
All four ports on the C1 are HDMI 2.1, 4K/120Hz compliant.
Then... as long as the computer is connected to hdmi input #7 on the Denon, and all the hdmi cables are 120Hz compliant, it should work. One problem is, I know computers can be a little picky about hdmi outputs when it comes to connecting them to audio components.

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
The Denon menus have Standard and Enhanced settings for HDMI connections and need to be set to Enhanced to get the full bandwidth enabled. Denon defaults all the HDMI to Standard out of the box.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Denon menus have Standard and Enhanced settings for HDMI connections and need to be set to Enhanced to get the full bandwidth enabled. Denon defaults all the HDMI to Standard out of the box.
Good point. I forgot about that on my Marantz units, which are the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks