What's new

Jag And The Sentinel Paramount Poll Page (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Judy Z:

Definitely check out the different forum areas for recommendations for a new DVD player. There are some great ones out there and I am sure you would get plenty of recommendations on not only what to buy to were to pick it up at the best price.

Parker

Jason Fella

Auditioning
Dear Mr. Blythe,

I am a 30 year old from Oregon, and the Sentinel was something my mom and I used to watch together every week. It was a very good show, with a great blend of action, good relationship between the characters, and a touch of mysticism. Not only would I buy the DVD's but I'd love to see the series start up again, although I realize that may be a pipe dream. Anyway, thanks for listening to the fans and giving us a chance to tell you directly what we want.

--Jason Fella

Bianca

Auditioning
To have The Sentinel on DVD would be worth any price to me. I think it's sad that movies/TV series that aren't *nearly* as good are on DVD while The Sentinel languishes in "not-enough-interest" land. We're here, we *are* interested, and I'm glad TPTB seem to be realizing that. :) Of course, I would want season sets, unedited and uncut, rather than the Sci-Fi channel mutilation.

Forever Knight is another series that should be on DVD, if anyone's interested. I've only seen one episode of JAG, so I can't comment on that.

Katja

Auditioning
The Sentinel on DVD would be so great! I have all eps on tape, but DVD is much better.
And, of course, I would buy the DVDs. All four seasons!

LauraT

Auditioning
I would purchase the entire run of The Sentinel on DVD. I am also interested in all of Stargate SG1, MacGyver, The Magnificent Seven TV series,Highlander, Without A Trace amd Adventure Inc.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Martin, I know it looks here like the most support is for The Sentinel. But believe me, BOTH it and JAG are tag-teaming up the TVShowsOnDVD rankings together right now, just a few votes away from each other!

Suisan

Auditioning
Dave was heard to utter:

And I have to admit, I would have voted on the actual poll for TS, but the darn thing kept kicking me out. :confused:

Now why that would happen, I haven't the foggiest, but it was/is very annoying.

Now I must THANK the regular members of HTF for being so wonderfully nice about allowing us fans of both TS and JAG to voice our desires on such a public forum. I happen to know that in the The Sentinel fandom, we've been fighting for the show since *way* back at the end of third season when (in a glorious act of sheer stupidity) UPN decided to end the season on a major cliffhanger, then have the balls to announce they were NOT renewing the show.

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Well, we femme fans were not about to take that lying down and within days we started flooding the UPN office of Dean Valentine (hope that's not a "dirty word" here) with email letters, postcards, and snail mail by the dufflebag load. Well, guess what? DV got some smarts, or someone did, and we got an abbrievated final season (13 episodes or so) of the show before it was totally axed from the UPN schedule. :frowning:

Then, wonders of wonders! The Sci-Fi Channel decided to pick up the show and run it for the fans. Needless to say, there was a rampant stampede of fans to the verious Skiffy message boards, thanking them for their wise choice and we also wrote any and all sponsers who were wise enough to air commercials during The Sentinel's run on Skiffy. :laugh:

Now, I'm one of those rabid fans who conned various friends and family members into watching The Sentinel on Sci-Fi and taping it for me (as I live in the boonies of NW Arkansas w/o access to cable). Then I got a call one day from my male parental unit, "Suis? Are you aware they're cutting the heck out of your show? I've only seen a few of the episodes when it ran on UPN, but I KNOW that Sci-Fi's cutting scenes." WHAT?!:angry: Well, I buzzed over to the parent's house and, yes, Sci-Fi had indeed cut into the show to add more freaking commercials and more than one of them were repeated in the same commercial break! :angry: :confused: :angry:

Now we fans have a chance to get our grabby little hands on DVDs of the show? Yeah! You bet your bippies that we're going to do whatever it takes to make sure the people that OWN "The Guys" know there is a huge fanbase out here in the real world for this show. (Of course, it may have come to thier attention when certain fans started sending in 'worthless' CD's with labels on them stating something along the lines of: The Sentinel On DVD -- TODAY! Sorry if we cluttered up the mail room with those discs...)

Anyway, a show with as strong a fanbase as The Sentinel, or any others out there that have organized fanbases, should be listened to. Just ask Bonnie Hammer over at Sci-Fi how much fun it was to get a humongous basket of plastic Easter Eggs, all stuffed with show or episode related haikus, one year from the rabid TS fams. :D Us? Rabid? Fervent? Passionate? Out-of-Control? :laugh:

Once again, thanks to the regular members of HTF for putting up with this crazy group of women that have seemingly taken over this particular thread. ;)

[COLOR=sea-green]Suisan "Sue" R.[/color]
PS -- anyone have any recommendations, or words of advice on TiVO units? I'm tired of missing episodes of Alias because my VHS machine is constantly crapping out. :frowning:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Sue:

I am not a Tivo user but I can recommend the ReplayTV 5000 series with no problems at all. You can read about them here.

This unit allows for commercial skip, pausing of live TV, watching a recorded show while recording another one and if you have them hooked up to a home network you can watch a show that you recorded on one unit in another room using another unit.

Once you get a PVR you will never go back to tape.

Parker

Terri_T

Auditioning
I, too, would definitely buy "The Sentinel" if it were to be released in DVD. Would love to see a box set(s) that would give the fans the entire series.

Thanks for asking!

Terri D. Thomas, Esq.:b

judy_dl

Auditioning
I would purchase The Sentinel on DVD as soon as it was available. I would love to see it done with producers/actors/directors comments and adding in scenes that were cut would be a dream.

This series has always had tons of potential and with the right marketing would get great ratings with new episodes...but in the meantime I'll take DVDs of the old episodes in any format I can get them.

Thanks for the interest.

Judy

Paul Ya

Auditioning
I would love to be able to get 'The Sentinel' on DVD in season boxed sets!

I have previous season boxed sets, for example 'Stargate: SG-1' and will definately buy more.

Would desire all 'Sentinel' episodes uncut.

If at all possible, interviews with the stars, behind-the-scenes, etc would be excellent 'extras'.

Adam T

Agent
I would buy The Sentinel on DVD. I've only seen a few episodes on SciFi. I'd probably get hooked to this show like every other show I've gotten on DVD. The X-Files, 24, The Shield.

Racquel-SN

Auditioning
I have only seen about half of the first season of The Sentinel,when it was on free to air tv here in Australia, but I am hooked on the show. I would buy all 4 seasons.

VictoriaW

Auditioning
I would buy JAG. Here in England they don't show it very often, and when they do it's at ridiculous times like 2.30am. I would love to buy full season sets to complete my collection.

Never watched The Sentinel, so I probably wouldn't buy it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I would buy JAG. Here in England they don't show it very often, and when they do it's at ridiculous times like 2.30am. I would love to buy full season sets to complete my collection.
That brings up a good question. Victoria, are you saying you're in England but would buy an R1 set through import? Or are you asking for R2 sets?

Martin Blythe: do you even have any say-so in sets not made for R1?

VictoriaW

Auditioning
It depends. Obviously I would hope that they would be released in different formats, and if they were released in R2 format then I'd definitely buy them. I would imagine that's true for most overseas fans of both JAG and The Sentinel.

I suppose the bottom line is, if they were available I'd try and buy them. And if I couldn't then I'd be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks