What's new

Jag And The Sentinel Paramount Poll Page (1 Viewer)

Cait*B

Auditioning
I'm sure JAG has fans, however, The Sentinel has fans throughout the US who have been following the series through every switch of cable outlets for at least five years. It has fans in England, where as far as I know, the series has not been shown, so they rely on tapes from this side of 'the Pond'. And here are those, like myself, who could never quite keep up with what cable network or channel or schedule this very well done and interesting to anyone who enjoys urban legendry and fantasy series. Those are the reasons I would be glad to see The Sentinel released in DVD format; for myself to finally be able to watch the whole 4 season series, and for a great many fannish friends who have tried to hard to be loyal viewer of TS, despite the machinations of several cable networks.

thanx
Cait Baer

CarolROI

Auditioning
I'm an AOL user, and found I was able to vote by connecting to the internet via AOL, then opening up IE and using it to go to this forum and vote.

LeilaMac

Auditioning
Would come into the 21st century and purchase a DVD player if I could get The Sentinel, Magnificent Seven and MacGyver on DVD by seasons. Might also go for Dark Skies even though it didn't really end.:b

Deanna_Tay

Auditioning
Count me in, too!! I love JAG, but I've never even heard of The Sentinel. I guess I'll have to do some research to see if I can find a little more about it.

JAG I cannot live without. I already have some of the episodes on tape that I've taped myself, but they aren't very good quality.

I hope we get box sets soon. I would definitely buy each season.

Dee

My Yahoo Group: JAG4U
My Website: http://www.jag4u.com
YAHOO ID: harm_mac_4_ever

Kym Lyall

Auditioning
Dear Mr Blythe :)

Well things seemed to of quieted down some haven't they? :wink: I'm just wondering if you've come to a decision on The Sentinel DVD's yet? :D could you give us some insight on our progress so far? ;)

Kym

JanetSU

Auditioning
I would like to express my definite interest in The Sentinel on Dvd. Series sets preferably. My daughter and I have only the internet sites to go by but we would really like to see this series which never aired over here (we have the technology to purchase and view region 1 dvds).

Jan

Elizabeth.H

Auditioning
Here's to The Sentinel on DVD!
As others have stated before, buying the DVD may be somewhat dependent on the price range set for the boxed edition, but if it is the $60-70 dollar range, then Yes. I will most definately buy a copy, particularly so if any of the outakes or extended scenes or such goodies are included
as well. True, that may entail increasing the cost somewhat, but it would be worth it to me.

Thanks for even expressing an interest in making this a boxed set. It's always nice to know our favorite shows have not been forgotten!:emoji_thumbsup:

JanetSU

Auditioning
I would like to express my definite interest in The Sentinel on Dvd. Series sets preferably. My daughter and I have only the internet sites to go by but we would really like to see this series which never aired over here (we have the technology to purchase and view region 1 dvds).

Jan

Misty_MC

Auditioning
I would love to see The Sentinel come out on DVD. I taped all of the episodes when they were on, but it's not exactly the best quality. I would definitely buy the series on DVD to have a permanent copy of the episodes.

Tricia

Auditioning
Martin

I assure you that if you put out the Sentinel on DVD I will be one of the first to buy it. I have seen every episode a few times and would love to see them a dozen times more. I tell you this with m sincere hope The Sentinel will soon be a ble to be viewed any time I want. Please do this.

As for jag I love that show.I have watched it from the beginning and still continue waiting for Mac and raib to get together. I would enjoy buying this also.

Thank you for considering this. I really want it to become a reality.:b
Tricia
:star: :star:

Crys

Auditioning
I am seriously interested in The Sentinel being released on DVD. I have bought other series released on DVD in boxed sets and would love to add this one to my collection as well!

If this is the place to express interest in MacGyver on DVD, I'm all for that as well :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here's something interesting:

At the TVShowsOnDVD.com voting, JAG is a mere 6 votes away from passing Seinfeld and becoming the 4th-most-request TV Show to be brought to DVD! :eek:

#3, La Femme Nikita, is coming soon and up for preorder at at least one e-tailer. So soon it will be flying down that list.

#2, Firefly, is apparently in the discussion stage for a possible release.

So perhaps JAG is soon to be considered second only to Roswell in the voting. Wow.

Right now, The Sentinel is firmly in 6th place and it looks like a buttload of more votes are needed for it to move up to a higher rank. Surprising, given the reaction around here for Sentinel.

Jamy

Auditioning
I'd be thrilled to see The Sentinel on DVD. It is one of the very few shows I'd buy full season sets of. I've been told that the episodes I've seen on SciFi are editted from the original UPN episodes, and I know they've been bleeped (silenced). I'd line up to buy The Sentinel on the release date (OK, I'd buy them over the 'net, but still on the release date). I really want to see the full, uneditted, unsilenced versions, over and over and over and over ...
I suggest that seasons 1 and 4 be combined in one season set, since they are both partial seasons. And, please, release all 4 seasons, not just 1 or 2. Any extras (cast & crew interviews, etc) would be greatly appreciated. And may I suggest September (2003) as a release date? That would be a prime birthday present for me.

Kym Lyall

Auditioning
I ditto that too Jamy!

I’ve got other TV series’ on DVD with special features like, Commentary on Episodes from Cast and crew, outtakes and bits that weren’t used in the shows, picture galleries, bloopers, transcripts, blue prints, profile cast and crew information, interviews...

I just love Commentary, don’t know if others share that thought, but could you imagine the Cast of Sentinel coming back to do a commentary of the pilot! Or any other eppie for that matter. Hehehehe.. Oh oh! Cant forget all the gags and muck ups they would of done for a blooper reel. :wink:

Well one can dream cant they! lol :D

~Kym

LizS

Auditioning
Hey Dave! In reply to post 293...

You commented on the voting difference between the Sentinel and JAG on TVShowsonDVD.com and the responses here.

Yeah- TS is never going to catch JAG. It was a small show, not even making 4 full seasons and scifi shows- while having a rabid fan base, never seem to be as wide spread as the straight drama shows. Plus, with Jag still being on the air and working on it's ...6th?? season, it's still getting new fans. TS has been off, even in reruns, for 2 years until Feb. of this year. :frowning:

If you consider that of the online fanbase of a show, only a third really actually participate (this is SO true on most of the lists I'm on- one is 600 members and you see the same 30-35 names writing things). The TS fans have a slightly higher participation rate- especially after these announcements.
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

I'm SO glad that it isn't an either or but simpy an interest poll.

Thanks so much to Mr. Blythe and everyone here for allowing us to be rabid fans and beg shamelessly to indulge our obsession. :b

Liz
http://guidesanddolls.bravepages.com

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'd be inclined to get Sentinel for myself and Jag for my mother, who loves the show.

Perhaps Paramount will later consider 7 days. Now that was a great show :).

Deanna_Tay

Auditioning
Hi, Liz,

Actually, JAG is about to end it's 8th season on May 20. They've been renewed for a 9th season, too!!! I think they'll continue to get new fans, too.

Last night's episode was the conclusion of a spin-off possibly titled NCIS.
This show has really changed the whole look of JAG. I really hope it gets picked up by CBS. I think it's a mixture of JAG & CSI, which are my two favorite shows.

I've never heard of TS, but on one of the JAG lists I'm on we have nearly 1400 members. I'd say probably 100 participate. Of course, I'm just guessing. On my JAG list (the one I own) I have 26 members and only 2-3 participate
actively, myself included. What a ratio!!!

Best,

Deanna
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks