What's new

Jag And The Sentinel Paramount Poll Page (1 Viewer)

Phyllis*G

Auditioning
I've been a fan of both of these shows for a long while, although I didn't get to see much of The Sentinel until long after it had finished it's run. Both are wonderful, but I have a deep and abiding love for superheroes, especially those that would rather be anything but.

My vote is for The Sentinel.;)

Vicki Farmer

Auditioning
I would buy Sentinel season boxed sets in. a. heartbeat. I have all of the episodes on VHS tapes from the Sci-Fi channel, but would much prefer to have a nice set of commercial DVDs, for the quality of the video, the longer lifetime of the medium over magnetic tape, and also (this is mildly embarassing) because, well, they take up less space than VHS tapes. Heh. I've got enough VHS tapes to build a life-size replica of the Lincoln Memorial, honestly.

In my opinion, this wave of TV series' being released as boxed sets of DVDs is fab. I already own Highlander, Stargate, "24", "Due South" (which I had to buy from Amazon.ca because they're not available for purchase in the US) and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" DVD sets. I aspire to also pick up "Angel", and "Sports Night". Possibly also X-Files, although frankly, those puppies are way over-priced. I'd probably buy 'em used.

Release the Sentinel on DVD, and I promise you, I'll hand my credit card right over...

Cait*B

Auditioning
I am a little confused but definitely as I voted earlier today, I would be delighted to see The Sentinel released on DVD. I would probably buy all four seasons, if for no other reason than the scheduling problems the series has had, on cable has made it impossible to date for me to catch most of the episodes. It was a very well made show, with great acting chemistry between the cast members. I also know a great number of Sentinel fans who have been anxiously waiting for, and campaigning for their show to come out in DVD format. Frankly I don't think JAG has as many or as devoted fans as TS, judging by the number of mailing list posts, fanfics and other activity around that show.

Thanx for asking TS fans for this input and giving us a place to state our views.

MarkKempton

Auditioning
Another quick vote for JAG. I've been looking for this since I first starting watching the show two years ago. Would like a season-by-season package. Suround sound or widescreen format (they say it's filmed, not taped, so is it done like a movie?) would help me pay even more. I'd jump at anything up to $70 a season and might pay more depending on the extras available.

Kristi

Auditioning
I would definitely want to see The Sentinel on DVD. I have only had the chance to see a couple of episodes since I discovered the show, but I'm hooked. I would willingly pay to have them so I could watch them over and over.

TriciaC

Auditioning
I am a huge fan of The Sentinel and have been waiting eagerly for several years now to be able to replace my recorded from TV tapes with good DVD copies. I'm afraid I'm sad enough to pay whatever it takes. :)

I have no interest in purchasing JAG.

Janet Morris

Auditioning
Hello,
I would buy JAG, DVD's in a minute. I have the episodes on tape. I have been recording everyone of the new ones for the last three season and still am completing my set from USA networks reruns. I would love to get my hands on each season on DVD. I would be willing to pay quite a bit for them too. I am a JAG fanatic :) Thanks for letting me get my say in this too. Have a great day!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Just as a note. Many of you that use AOL as you ISP have not been able to cast your vote in this poll. This appears to be a problem with a cookie that is saved for you on your PC from us (this only continues your username, encrypted password and last time you logged in).

So if you are an AOL user and cannot cast your vote in this poll just email me and I will cast your vote for you.

Parker

bettyjean

Auditioning
I would buy any and all of the JAG series in a heartbeat--about the only show I watch anymore on TV--never saw THE SENTINEl--but isn't it possible to do both? Just a thought.

AnjaK

Auditioning
I would definitely buy JAG on DVD. I am a big fan of the show and would be very happy if the episodes were released in season box sets.

Linda Rusty

Auditioning
Mr. Blythe -- a question, please.

I'm on a several Sentinel lists. We see reminders to "vote for The Sentinel. Let's beat JAG!" I imagine that JAG lists are saying the opposite.

Every time I see these 'let's beat JAG' posts, I'm troubled. Is this *really* an either/or proposition? I thought you wanted to know if there was enough interest in *each* series to produce DVDs of that particular series. You didn't say that Paramount is thinking of producing DVDs for *either* The Sentinel *or* JAG, did you? Just -- is there enough interest for JAG *and* is there enough interest for The Sentinel. Right?

If I'm wrong, please reconsider; I think the fans of both shows deserve to have access to their favorite brand of escapism. If I'm right, and it *isn't* an either/or proposition, please let us know, and relieve the minds of a lot of anxious fans.

I've already voted for Sentinel with as many bells and whistles as possible. I have no interest in JAG, but would not want those fans to be deprived...

Thanks for listening.

Linda Rusty

Cait*B

Auditioning
I think Linda has a good point, I have never watched and have very little if any interest in JAG, but I'm sure there are fans of that series who would like to see it on DVD as much as fans of The Sentinel, like myself and many others, want DVDs of all four seasons of TS.

I think it would be very helpful to people posting here and trying to stir up interest on the various mailing lists, to know if Paramount is planning to release both series on DVD or only the one that garners the most interest/response.

thanx
Cait

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
From what I've interpreted, this is NOT an either-or situation. I think they want to release both, but want to make sure interest is high for each one. This isn't a "race".

Hence the poll at the top of each page in the thread having a "both" option!

If it IS a race, then note that over at TVShowsOnDVD.com that JAG has pulled firmly ahead of The Sentinel.

But, unless Martin comes back by and says otherwise, figure this is not a "race". Plenty of room for both releases, I think.

Kym Lyall

Auditioning
What can I say :) I'm a Huge Sentinel fan and to be honest I've already got my money stashed away ready to grab the DVD box set when it comes out and hoping it would be multi-region! :D Oh! I agree with Katy, Dont you just hate it when they start chopping up episodes. So Uncut would be great! :emoji_thumbsup:

KathleenC

Auditioning
I am very interested in getting The Sentinel on DVD. I don't care how much it costs, I want a copy as it was not shown fully over here on Television. To see my favourite shows, I quite often have to buy from the US or the UK... Thankfully there are multiregion DVD players!!

Marty Kester

Auditioning
:emoji_thumbsup: I would get JAG on DVD in a heart beat. A show that has already gone 8 seasons has to have some type of legacy don;t you think?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what Martin has thought of the results of his question? I hope we hear that the Sentinel season sets will be available soon. ;)

Martin,
Just curious. What made you come up with asking about a Sentinel release? Has there been a big write in campaign?

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
Truth be told, I probably wouldn't purchase either set - I don't watch the shows - but you'd be crazy not to put JAG out on disc. It's a long-popular show with a very loyal following (noticed how it was followed from one network to another). A JAG DVD would just make good business sense.

Kym Lyall

Auditioning
Well I know there has been a writen campaign, LOL because I myself have sent in a letter and CD for the Sentinel DVD project :D And a bet lots more have also. So again I can't wait for Seninel on DVD, Oh! and I forgot to put in my last post that i'd buy all 4 season. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks