What's new

Indicator/Powerhouse Sale International Good Deals /Expensive Shipping to US (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
If you're just looking for 1-2 items, check Amazon.com since they often have decent deals on Indicator. Powerhouse Indicator is also supposed to be releases US Region A titles now for those who dislike the ratings logos, but I've not checked on how many there are, prices, etc

That would be nice... though I'm not seeing a US Indicator release for The Big Heat (1953), which is one such title I've been meaning to get for nearly 2 years now, but couldn't due to pandemic-related issues (interfering w/ Amazon UK ordering). I do see the UK import is now available via Amazon, but would definitely prefer a US release version (plus maybe better pricing more comparable to Amazon UK... although the current asking price isn't that bad for what seems comparable to a Criterion BD)...

_Man_

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Deep Discount also sells Indicator items and there is a 15% code active for now

US Powerhouse just started Jan 2022 and so far only around 13 titles (including the 4 March 22 items) so it's just getting started. Most of the itmes I;m seeing are newer releases simultaneously with the UK release.

FWIW -- just received dispatch notice this morning from my large Friday order so hopefully by early next week they'll be in hand.

The Phantom of the Monastery (El fantasma del convento | Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1934) Powerhouse Films Mar 22, 2022
Mad Dog Morgan (Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1976) Powerhouse Films Mar 22, 2022
La Llorona (The Crying Woman | Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1933) Powerhouse Films Mar 22, 2022
A Time for Dying (Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1969) Powerhouse Films Mar 22, 2022
Voices (1973) Powerhouse Films Feb 22, 2022
The Devil's Men (Land of the Minotaur) (1976) Powerhouse Films Feb 22, 2022
The Triple Echo (Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1972) Powerhouse Films Feb 22, 2022
Bartleby (1970) Powerhouse Films Feb 22, 2022
An Unsuitable Job for a Woman (1982) Powerhouse Films Feb 22, 2022
The Brute (Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1977) Powerhouse Films Jan 18, 2022
The Blockhouse (Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1973) Powerhouse Films Jan 18, 2022
Hoffman (Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1970) Powerhouse Films Jan 18, 2022
Girl Stroke Boy (Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1971) Powerhouse Films Jan 18, 2022

Preorders
Pastor Hall (Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1940) Powerhouse Films Jun 21, 2022
The Pemini Organization (Hunted / Assassin / Moments | Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1972-1974) Powerhouse Films May 24, 2022
One for the Road (Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (2003) Powerhouse Films Apr 26, 2022
Stanley Long's Adventures: A Seventies Sex Comedy Threesome (Adventures of a Taxi Driver / Adventures of a Private Eye / Adventures of a Plumber's Mate | Indicator Series | Limited Edition) (1976-1978) Powerhouse Films Apr 26, 2022

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll have to check out the alternates. I had an order of just over £50 ready to go last night, then found out the shipping was another £26. Dumped that cart.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... They have their UK release of The Big Heat (1953) for just £7(!) before deducting VAT. Yeah, (international) shipping starts very high for each order, but looks like they do only add ~£1 per (single-disc?) title thereafter (in the same combined order)... and I'm finding a small handful of titles of interest in their current sale so far. Maybe it'll still end up being worthwhile enough... though I'm still also debating over a big batch I was looking to order from Kino's sale plus a handful from the MovieZyng WAC sale, LOL :lol: -- and I'm already trying to hold off on some of those and saving them for the next Target B2G1 sale that should mostly be a bit cheaper (for small handful WAC and Kino titles)...

_Man_

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Next Target sale generally expected within the next 2 weeks with a very good chance it will start Sunday.

We should know Thursday night with the advance ad is put up.

I also might suggest if a few members have smaller Indicator orders they'd like to make, consider having one person make a large order and reship the items when they arrives. Less than $10 US shipping instead of $50-60 combined shipping directly. A little coordination and trust goes a long way.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Next Target sale generally expected within the next 2 weeks with a very good chance it will start Sunday.

Thanks for that heads-up!

I also might suggest if a few members have smaller Indicator orders they'd like to make, consider having one person make a large order and reship the items when they arrives. Less than $10 US shipping instead of $50-60 combined shipping directly. A little coordination and trust goes a long way.

Well, if anyone's interested, I might be up for that... since I'm actually finding I could probably get a little pass ~1/2 way to that free shipping (£200) mark w/ this sale... :lol:

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, if anyone's interested, I might be up for that... since I'm actually finding I could probably get a little pass ~1/2 way to that free shipping (£200) mark w/ this sale... :lol:

Hmmm... if no takers, guess I might just see if I could come close enough to the requirement and top it off w/ some additional, interesting, more marginal blindbuys -- maybe a Columbia noir boxset or 2 or the like -- to make use of the quite substantial savings on shipping (and my much-bigger-and-fatter-than-usual tax refund that just arrived! :lol:). And I guess I could always cut back some more on the other sales that don't have such steep free shipping requirement too... although I'm finding that hard to do -- if only (good) storage space/organization and free time to catch up on (and revisit) my crazy backlog don't seem so scarce, LOL...

_Man_

classicscaper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
My order arrived this morning with Columbia Noir sets 3 & 4 plus a few individual titles. Interestingly, my promo cards included in the order show new titles coming soon from Indicator, including:
  • Pastor Hall (already announced)
  • Dracula: A Love Story
  • The Swimmer (hinted at previously)
  • The Big Gundown
  • Bullfighter and the Lady
  • Carnal Knowledge

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2751.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2751.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 74

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My order arrived this morning with Columbia Noir sets 3 & 4 plus a few individual titles. Interestingly, my promo cards included in the order show new titles coming soon from Indicator, including:
  • Pastor Hall (already announced)
  • Dracula: A Love Story
  • The Swimmer (hinted at previously)
  • The Big Gundown
  • Bullfighter and the Lady
  • Carnal Knowledge
Yup, I got my order too with the same promo cards.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, guess I went a little nutz and shot waaay past the £200 free shipping mark for a big batch of 39(!) titles, including the Columbia Noir Vol 2 and 3 sets (counted as just 1 title each, LOL)... :eek::lol:

And I still have another big batch I'm probably ordering from the Kino sale plus another handful of WAC titles from the MovieZyng sale...

So much for trying to keep tighter control on my disc collection (and storage needs), LOL... :lol:

_Man_

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

Somewhat disappointing - Target flyer showing B2G1 but seems it may be Books and Video Games. The movie page doesn't have the usual banner, but I'll look Sunday just to be sure

The fine print actually says movies, but this may be a bad copy/paste proofreading error.

Looking again next week -- wouldn't be the first time ran variations of B2G1 is consecutive weeks

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
No movies/media this week - kids books, puzzles, select video games, and select board games (as has become typical with these sales, one of the largest distributors, Asmodee, has had them flag most of their products as OOS). Bummer as I had a much larger queue of media than board games for a change...

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Received my order last night (two Fedex boxes). Everything neatly wrapped in bubble and secure (5 box sets and 3 singles); same set of postcards as above. Can't wait to dive into everything.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
POWERHOUSE October Sale is slated to started Friday October 7 (2pm BST -- I think that's 9am ET) ending 11:59pm UK time October 16 (7pm ET)

Many of their items are Region Free, but certainly not all. They are one of the best at labelling the Region status of their discs and one of trhe few retail sites I actually trust (assuming folks require region open discs)

Often some very good deals of quality disc.
Yes shipping can be expensive -- normally they ship some variation of FedEx Priority/Express so items arrive 3-5 days after shipping.

Assuming the usual pattern FS is £200 so making 1 large order can be very useful if you have a long wishlist. With current exchange rates, that's significantly less USD/CAD than in prior sales. Many HTF and.or Blu-ray.com members have often combined orders to meet the FS threshhold and saved a significant amount so if you only have a few items, it's definitely worthwhile to find a small group

Normally there has been around a 6 month window on releases before they are part of a sale so items released mid-late March and earlier.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
POWERHOUSE October Sale is slated to started Friday October 7 (2pm BST -- I think that's 9am ET) ending 11:59pm UK time October 16 (7pm ET)

Many of their items are Region Free, but certainly not all. They are one of the best at labelling the Region status of their discs and one of trhe few retail sites I actually trust (assuming folks require region open discs)

Often some very good deals of quality disc.
Yes shipping can be expensive -- normally they ship some variation of FedEx Priority/Express so items arrive 3-5 days after shipping.

Assuming the usual pattern FS is £200 so making 1 large order can be very useful if you have a long wishlist. With current exchange rates, that's significantly less USD/CAD than in prior sales. Many HTF and.or Blu-ray.com members have often combined orders to meet the FS threshhold and saved a significant amount so if you only have a few items, it's definitely worthwhile to find a small group

Normally there has been around a 6 month window on releases before they are part of a sale so items released mid-late March and earlier.
Wonder if they will have Remember The Night on sale?

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Have been ordering from Amazon UK for the past 10 years and the shipping of one item was around $7. Now it's close to $21 for one item.
I used to buy from Amazon UK because their charges were reasonable but after the internationally agreed shipping charges hike in 2020 (that I believe was repealed by the Trump administration) Amazon UK have yet to reduce their charges. I find the item cost, shipping charges ($5 fixed) and service at Rarewaves better suits my physical media needs!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks