What's new

Indicator/Powerhouse Sale International Good Deals /Expensive Shipping to US (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Indicator/Powerhouse is having a sale including the first 2 Film Noir sets for £25 each after removal of VAT. Also the John Ford At Columbia set is £23.33
Shipping, of course, is very expensive to the US unless you order £200 of merchandise for free international shipping.

https://www.powerhousefilms.co.uk/collections/sale

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Hadn't ordered in a year so I actually made the Free Shipping Threshhold again

Noir sets 1 and 2, a few of the smaller LE sets, the individuals of the Castle Box 1 I missed as well as the 3 items from the Harryhausen Box I missed, Age of Consent, Secret Ceremony, The Wrong Box and a few other £6-9 items

I added and deleted a bunch of the Hammer items

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Have been ordering from Amazon UK for the past 10 years and the shipping of one item was around $7. Now it's close to $21 for one item.

classicscaper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
Looks like the Columbia Noir box sets #1 and #2 are officially sold out. They must have moved a good chunk of supply today, because neither set was on the low stock update list this morning.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Have been ordering from Amazon UK for the past 10 years and the shipping of one item was around $7. Now it's close to $21 for one item.

Until 12-18 months ago -- lots of changes since then not only at Amazon but most retailers that do International Shipping

Similar issues to why so many items won't ship at all from Amazon Internationally in any direction. Amazon.ca basically shut down all international deleveries.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That's why you have to buy more than one item. :D

I bought about 7 titles from this sale, including two box sets, and the shipping was about $30. Expensive but not outrageous, IMO, to send a relatively heavy box across the ocean.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
That's why you have to buy more than one item. :D

I bought about 7 titles from this sale, including two box sets, and the shipping was about $30. Expensive but not outrageous, IMO, to send a relatively heavy box across the ocean.
You are right about buying more than one item and have done that many times to save on shipping. Currently there is only one movie on my Amazon UK wish list i want to buy so i will wait.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I just ordered a telescope part from Munich, Germany last week. DHL Express International shipping was $9.90 and it arrived here in Arizona just three days later. The increase must only be affecting certain services.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I just ordered a telescope part from Munich, Germany last week. DHL Express International shipping was $9.90 and it arrived here in Arizona just three days later. The increase must only be affecting certain services.

Wow, I haven't seen that good of shipping even for std slow shipping in 15-18 months directly from Amazon (UK, de or fr).
There are a couple 3rd party sellers (Rarewaves) that still offer cheaper shipping, but it's not Priority.

Was the part driect from Amazon or Amazon 3rd Party, or Direct from the company?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Wow, I haven't seen that good of shipping even for std slow shipping in 15-18 months directly from Amazon (UK, de or fr).
There are a couple 3rd party sellers (Rarewaves) that still offer cheaper shipping, but it's not Priority.

Was the part driect from Amazon or Amazon 3rd Party, or Direct from the company?
Sorry David, I should have been more clear. This order was placed with a relatively small astronomy shop in Munich, not Amazon. I agree that the shipping speed from Europe to the U.S. was amazing!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the Columbia Noir box sets #1 and #2 are officially sold out. They must have moved a good chunk of supply today, because neither set was on the low stock update list this morning.
As of this writing they are both available to order. I imagine it was a stock check and they found they had some left. I don't expect they will last long.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I didn't look at the detail of the Film Noir ;fisting listing which says:

23rd October 2021 - PLEASE NOTE: This item will be back in stock soon but we're not sure exactly when (hopefully November 2021). A pre-order during the sale period will be at sale price, but it will hold up an order with other items if the other items are currently available.

I hope any orders placed when the sets were listed as in stock are not held up. Especially since they charge your credit card when placing order not when shipped.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I used to buy from Amazon UK frequently but not since March 2020 when the postal rates went sky high. However, I recently ordered five Blu-rays from Network UK and the P&P was very reasonable at seven pounds sterling!

There are a few PH Blu-rays I'm interested in but this post has put me off buying.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Diabolik DVD here in the US fulfills most of my Indicator needs, including the Noir sets (no sales though).https://www.diabolikdvd.com/

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
THE FU MANCHU CYCLE, 1965-1969 - LE Sold Out

Sale is still going on as it has been extended.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
FLASH SALE -- MARCH 25 through MARCH 31, 2022 (ends 7pm ET)

Since I have few details yet, I figure it might be easier just to bump this thread esp since the Title is generic.

New Powerhouse Indicator Flash Sale will start March 25, 2022 (unsure of time, so could start as early as 8pm ET since I think the time difference is currently 4 hrs. The last big Sale in October started 7am ET (noon BST) and I think most of their sale have tended to start at noon

Usually a lot of good deals if you're OK with the shipping charges or have a bunch of boxsets.

I'm HOPING that the Noir Boxsets 3 and 4 plus Mae West might be eligible for this sale. The last remaining Hammer BoxSets should be eligible and all the individual releases from the prior boxsets. In the past sales, many of the items less than 6 months old weren't in their sales so that may block Mae West, but Noir Box 4 will be a couple days short of 6 months so maybe. There are also a bunch of items currently in the 5 for £40 list which may drop some.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm thinking it may have already started - I clicked the link in the OP and there are lots of sale items with a April 1 end date.

Those Noir Box sets 3&4 you're wanting *are* included - £29.99 each (before VAT is removed - £24.99 after).

Hammer 5 & 6 are listed as well.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
NOTE ADDED -- SALE ENDS MARCH 31 (Midnight BDT, 7pm EDT)

I think I woke up around 8am ET and the site was Under Work/Be Back Soon which it common right before they start the sale. It sounds like the sale finally went live just around 9am ET (1pm BT). For future sales Indicator Sale have usually gone live between Noon and 1pm London/British Time. Most of the year that's 5 hrs, but right now it's 4 since Daylight Savings doesn't start until March 27

Noir 3 and particularly 4 is on sale which sort of made my day since a lot of the Brits were betting the Sept releases would be held back. Mae West not on sale nor Mad Dog Morgan but those were expected. Ended up with Noir 3/4, Hammer 5/6 and most of the individual Hammer Items for the boxsets that sold out before I got around to ordering. The 4 singles were about the same price as teh Boxsets though I will miss those nice strurdy chipboard Slipboxes Indicator uses

Rules appear to be as before for International buyers -- £200 for Free Shipping after VAT removed. No US Sale tax is added so if you have a big order to catch up on that a double bonus. For smaller orders, there really isn't a cheap shipping option. I think they use FEDEX exclusively at least for the bigger orders. My last order was split into 2 FEDEX boxes instead of a single larger box.

Reminder many/most of the Indicator titles are region free, but not all -- so double check the listing or other sources. Unlike most sites, their region status (Free vs Locked is highly accurate). They used to have a menu option for Region Free titles, but I'm not seeing it now.

If you're just looking for 1-2 items, check Amazon.com since they often have decent deals on Indicator. Powerhouse Indicator is also supposed to be releases US Region A titles now for those who dislike the ratings logos, but I've not checked on how many there are, prices, etc

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks