What's new

Home Theater Setup Help (1 Viewer)

James Con

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Hey all, I am getting ready to wire up my new construction HT. In the paint pic I placed the speakers where I think would be good spots for a 5.1 system (see pic). The reason I am going with a 5.1 speaker set up is I don't have a good spot for 6 and 7 speakers due to the staircase and the entrance to the living room. But I will get a 7.1 receiver to take advantage of the hdmi inputs and output. I Purchased a 52" Sharp Lcd Aquas for everyday viewing which I will mount to the wall and the screen for the projector will come down from the ceiling in front of the Lcd.I tried picking a projector according to the distance and the size screen I want but I got a little lost in the process. I'm really not sure where to put the sub yet. Also all my AV equipment is going in a big cabinet under the stairs which will be venilated properly.
I'm running Hdmi cables to the Projector and the Lcd, I guess some kind of splitter will accomplish that after the receiver output, unless there's a receiver that has two outputs????? Am I on the right track or not. I would appreciate any input to make this as painless as possible for me. I have some electronics and electrical background so I am not at a total loss here but I do need some guidance.

James Con

Auditioning
Real Name
James

Ok, Thanks for the link. I'm glad I asked. I might have to see about some recessed ceiling mounts, If they make them. If that's the case I might be able to go with the 7.1 if I can get ceiling mounts for the speaks. Thanks

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
It's all about compromise when dealing with a living room. If you were actually talking about a HT, then you'd design it better. If that's the only spot for the speakers, go ahead and put them there.

Yes, you can get an HDMI splitter. Most Projectors should handle that throw just fine. Just find the best projector in your budget.

James Con

Auditioning
Real Name
James
What about the screen coming down and hanging in front of the LCD? When the screen is hanging down does the screen tend to move around and throw it out of focus. Also I would really like to use these speakers in the ceiling. Ceiling speakers, in wall speakers, in ceiling speakers, ja audio, theater kits
Would I notice a drastic difference in sound quality with these, Because Dolby was saying on there site that the front speakers should be ear level.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks