What's new

Needing suggestions and advice for my setup (1 Viewer)

Adironii

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
Hello guys, i recently got into home theater to look for a setup for my bedroom. I want to see if my selection of choices is correct in setting up a home theater for the first time. Any advice would help and if you have a better recommendation similar to my price point i would like to see! My budget is around 900$ before tax.

Attachments

• A288936F-3ED8-474F-BB8B-3C7998A25680.jpeg
    A288936F-3ED8-474F-BB8B-3C7998A25680.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 54A8B49E-C7A6-4C90-AEAB-7BFB27622FF7.jpeg
    54A8B49E-C7A6-4C90-AEAB-7BFB27622FF7.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 40

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’d say you’re off to a good start there. Of course, you’ll need three more speakers to have surround sound – a center channel and two for the rear surrounds. But that can be added later as budget permits.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Welcome!

A few questions.

1. Assuming you already have the display?
  2. How large is the bedroom.
  3. Do you think you will be moving to a larger, more permanent space anytime soon?
I ask these questions because it might make more sense to forego the sub in favor of some modestly priced towers like these and add the sub later if/when you decide you're ready.

Adironii

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
Welcome!

A few questions.

3. Do you think you will be moving to a larger, more permanent space anytime soon?
I ask these questions because it might make more sense to forego the sub in favor of some modestly priced towers like these and add the sub later if/when you decide you're ready.

Welcome!

A few questions.

Thank you for replying! Yes i already have a 55in Sony A95k QD Oled tv. I haven’t measured but i think my bedroom is around 144 square feet, about an average bedroom. I think if i move it will probably be around the same. If i am considering the tower, would it replace my bookshelf speakers and the subwoofer?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If you think you’ll go to a 5.1 surround style in the near future, and have some storage space, you can buy a spool of speaker wire, to save a few bucks overall. There’s no real savings over a $10 stereo pair of cables. But if running 5 speakers of varying lengths, then buying a “bulk” wire might save a few bucks.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Thank you for replying! Yes i already have a 55in Sony A95k QD Oled tv. I haven’t measured but i think my bedroom is around 144 square feet, about an average bedroom. I think if i move it will probably be around the same. If i am considering the tower, would it replace my bookshelf speakers and the subwoofer?
So it sounds like you have no plans for a substantially larger space. In that case I'd stick with the bookshelves and sub option. I think you're on the right track.

Adironii

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
So it sounds like you have no plans for a substantially larger space. In that case I'd stick with the bookshelves and sub option. I think you're on the right track.
Do you think i can save a little on the AV receiver. I feel like thats too much for my budget currently. Something that is similar in quality but cheaper.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Do you think i can save a little on the AV receiver. I feel like thats too much for my budget currently. Something that is similar in quality but cheaper.
Unfortunately, no. That $300.00 price point is about as low as you'll find on the new market. If you're willing to go used you might be able to save a little. I found this in a quick search.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks