What's new

AWOL 3D setup (1 Viewer)

Hamchuck

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Carlson
Hello everyone, not necessarily a newbie to home theater but for some reason I’m having a hard time getting 3D discs to work with my 4K AWOL projector. Every disc I try says that the player is not connected to a 3D display.

I have the 3D setting turned on in my AWOL. I have tried the Frame packed, Side by side, and top/bottom setting but none has worked

My old 3D setup used the same hdmi cables and 4K player and worked fine with my old 1080p Epson projector.

The one difference now is this: my old setup used to have my hdmi cable go from the 4K player to the receiver then to the projector. That worked. But for my new setup I have one cable going straight from the 4K player to the projector for video and a different cable from the player to the receiver for audio.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
The only thing I can see is that the hdmi cable is not high speed (8k). 4k projectors are different from 1080. I would go that route unless you have that cable, then I am at a loss.

Hamchuck

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Carlson
Thanks! It’s completely possible I don’t have that cable. Will definitely pick up whatever the latest version is. Thanks for the heads up about 4k possibly acting differently than 1089p. I wasn’t too sure of that 👍

Hamchuck

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Carlson
The only thing I can see is that the hdmi cable is not high speed (8k). 4k projectors are different from 1080. I would go that route unless you have that cable, then I am at a loss.
Update: I did try a new 2.1 HDMI cord but that did not change anything. After some more research I found out that the Dolby Vision setting on my UBP-X700 player needed to be turned off. Apparently that interferes wither with 3D signal somehow. It's all working now.

But I will say I think my image is visibly better with the updated cord so thanks for that rec!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks