What's new

Holy Cow! Take A Look At These Speaker Systems!!!! (1 Viewer)

ChrisArmour

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, those watts were specially designed for the 6.5" Gold Bullet Aluminized Cones(sarcasm). It's hard to tell from the pics, but it appears that the dust caps on the drivers were made to look like phase plugs, CHEESY!!!! It's starting to smell in here.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Hey Cree do you send your marks to Theater Research to support that they sell for a lot more. Notice the model numbers start TR instead of DTT. Same speakers. Don't forget to click over to home theater systems for the rest of the identical inventory.

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
ehh thats pretty funny! lol!

Well has anyone bought from white van for under $200 pr. Just curious! I would be willing to buy a pair for under $200...

Cree

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Now this is my favorite. How can Digital Theater Technology sell the 1611 package for $599 when Theater Research retails the 1611 package for $6,747.00? How do they do it?

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
Very funny! lol...Well I wouldn't mind buying the

DTT-1610/1611
DTT-2810/2811
DTT-2800/2801

For $300 total. Wouldn't be bad at all! Looks like you can low ball the heck out of these speakers...

Maybe I will see if guy I know can get them for $300 for a total system... That would be the greatest!

Cree

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese

LOL!!!!!!!

My oh my. That - is - rich!

*wiping tears of laughter from my eyes*

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Why would you throw $300.00 down the drain? These are White
Van Scam speakers and these speakers have been bought and
torn apart by some very knowledgeable people. They are junk
Crossovers, Junk Drivers and paper thin enclosures with some
pretty laminates on the outside to sucker fools into buying
them.

Are they even manucatured by people who know how to build
speakers? Do the White Van Scam companies have Anechoic
chambers to test the FR of the speakers and tweak the XO's
to get them correct? (HAH!)

You would be much more wise to spend the money on JBL's
than on this crap.

And FWIW a good Tower won't be light... My towers run 65Lbs
each and that's light compared to some very high end towers
that can tip the scales at more than 300Lbs..

Maybe the White Van Scammers will get wise to this and start
including a red cinder brick or 10 inside each enclosure to
"simulate" quality enclosures :D

DavidLW

Stunt Coordinator
Go to ripoffreport dot com and type in "white van" or "Dogg Digital" in the search. You can read reviews on these speakers from people that actually bought them. It's fun reading but you got to feel sorry for some of these people that got ripped.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
It's like when you go to your supermarket one day and find they've got watches with MSRP's on them for 119.95 but they're on sale of $9.95 but if you've got your bonus card, you can get two for that $9.95.

I think these speakers, which look much nicer than the traditional white van ones that I've seen, are made in China. Judging by the language on the site, I'm willing to bet the person is also of native asian origin as the english is not especially good. Not necessarily a bad thing mind you and 'perhaps' might bear some comparisons with Fluance. OTOH, in China, perhaps they call them White Rickshaw Speakers :D

terence

Supporting Actor

You get what you $$$ for in some cases, and speakers are your biggest invesment in this hobby of ours. Anyone will tell you on this forum put your $$$ in the the speakers, because in the end that is what produces the sound. You can always upgrade the components as you go.

Now this is my favorite.

So i guess it's not DD, DVD-A, SACD, PLII, PLIIx, Logic7, DTS Neo6 ready?! Damn! :angry: I was going to pull the trigger, now i'm not sure anymore. :confused: :frowning:

What will i ever do? Woe as me....... I got it.....:D I will buy REAL speakers that have been proven over great period of time that have a lot of reviews and #'s behind them. Oh, and i will give them a audition to make up my own mind. Yeah that's it, that is what i will do.:)

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
The real funny thing is watching this guy do "damage control" to his sale thread...

Keith Hyde

Stunt Coordinator
Fools rush in. Don't do it. This is BS - you can tell just reading the opening paragraph. If they speak in TOTAL POWER #K WATTS, DIGITAL SOUND, YOU'LL NEED BIGGER SPEAKER CABLES FOR THIS ONE... Hook, line, and sinker. Plain as day.

If you just need sound and are not a critical listener by any means, whatever floats your boat, these may be all you'll ever need. People have been overjoyed by less. If you're serious about your sound, you'll probably regret this down the road and wish you put the money towards a good piece or two. Put that money into some Paradigm Monitors or the like instead.

"White Van Deal Goes Internet." He wrapped it up well.

(And if you're a salesman, get lost).

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
I love how these companies have jumped all over the term "Digital". Like there is anything remotely digital about them.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Personally the digital tv is what caught my eye.
WOW this 27" flat tv is falt both vertically and horizontally. NOW I can chose like a professional. I know my firends will be green with envy or red from laughing.

"What makes H3-DIGITAL TV TV's so popular? The digital flat screen is vertically, and horizontally, flat. Images look sharp, 3-dimensional, and virtually distortion free. Reflected glare from room lights is reduced, and the optimum viewing range is wider. Viewers sitting off to the sides enjoy bright clear images.

H3-DIGITAL TV "The professional's choice"

W

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks