What's new

Holy Cow! Take A Look At These Speaker Systems!!!! (1 Viewer)

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
JBL has probably one of the most expensive and extensive research facility for loudspeakers on Earth. :laugh: at this thread.

JeanVanDam

Stunt Coordinator
You guys are totally wrong about this site. I'm going to buy me a whole set of.... swords!:D Yes! Who needs speakers when you can buy swords!! Especially swords from LOTR!!! :laugh:

Jimi C

Screenwriter
go to the digital dogg website, these are the same speakers. But how can speakers with a " 10" None Transfer Paper Cone" sound bad? expeicailly when it has there "Digital: Custom Crossover Circuitry", not to mention the, "Gold Bullet Aluminized Cones"

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw

:D

lol...since when did passive speakers begin having watts and power?

...now you know when you are buying from some educated people.

Michael

Eric Eash

Second Unit
i sure wish theater research or dogg digital had some white vans over here in japan, i'd pick me up a set. seriously, i'd like to see a magazine review a set of these speakers, email sent.

eric

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I'll leave it with this. "If its too good to be true it probably is". Most here are not interested in saving a buck on something they have not tried or that others have tried. I for one would RUN!

Dustin Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I had a white van pull up to me the other day and wanted to sell me some speakers. I think they are changing their approach now. They were willing to sell me a pair of speakers with a sales receipt. They even showed me the address of their warehouse. I didn't stick around long enough to see the merchandise. Told him I'd never heard of the brand he was selling and quickly walked off.

luke_ha

Stunt Coordinator
hunigan seems to have disappeared. Hmm seems to not have liked our response to his AD. For a guy looking for our opinions he sure didnt like them much.

JohnGil

Stunt Coordinator
I don't care about weight either. Since when does weight dictate a speakers sound quality? I'm confused hear. Towers do not have to be 100 lbs to have good sound quality. Its a big misconception.
------------------------------------------------------------
Hate to burst you buble dude but when it comes to Audio and video hardware if it doesn't weigh much, its usually crap. I have yet to to see high end speakers, amps or pre-amps that are light.

To me if it doesn't weigh very much is isn't built very well and a bet im not alone in this. And you will usually find that quality parts and build quality are what makes good gear cost and weigh more.

Keir H

Second Unit
THink about it...would you ever buy speakers that have a name like "AudioFile" or "Theater Research"? I mean come on..what a riot. :D lol

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator

:laugh:
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
You know what was really funny is now that that the term "white van speakers" have become so common they are changing their tactics. Some guy by my local best buy was selling speakers, or trying to before he got kicked of the property, out of a GREEN SUBBURBAN!!!!!!

I was going to talk cheese with him after I got out of BB but they had already given him the boot.

Look out everyone they are changing their tactics. :eek:

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Oh man, this one is classic, "PROBASShaker PBS-660

Rack Amp with Karaoke Mic Inputs

$249.00"

Features:
* Integrated AM/FM Tuner

* Surround Sound System
* 20 Station Memory Presets
* Motor Driven Volume Control
* Mic Input with Level and Balance Control
* 18 Button Multifunction Remote Control
* Independent Bass & Treble Control
* Balance Control
* Headphone Jack
* 110V/220V Switchable

* Multi Function Remote

* 110/220 Volt Switchable

* Includes 19" Rack Mounting Hardware
Clearly stats that it is a "surround sound system"
enlarge the image of it, written right on the receiver it says, "2 channel stereo amplifier"
Motor driven volume control, thank god

Keith Hyde

Stunt Coordinator

Magnets and heat sinks weigh a lot. So does good wooden cabnitery. It follows that good speakers will be heavy.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
General rule of thumb if the speakers are heavy thought has been given to internal bracing and heavy materials used in cabinet construction to tame unwanted resonance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks