What's new

Holiday Inn 3 disk Collector's Set Oct. 14 2008 (1 Viewer)

ted:r

Second Unit
Oooh...a colorized version also? At $26.98? Is there an easier must pass than this?

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
What about their noir and classic horror? :frowning:

You would seriously have to love this movie with a passion to continually double like this.

Charles H

Screenwriter
"Nothing to see here, people. Move along." I wish that HTF would create a new fprum about the cynical and relentless repackaging and recycling of old product by studios like Universal that are too cheap and lazy to bring out new product.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Three in R1. That's if you count the colorized one as a release. I assume the disc with the black and white version will be the same authoring as the previous disc.

Regards,

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
Wow why does this need to be released again? The only thing new is the color version and a CD. All the other extras are exactly the same from the last release!

The last DVD release was fine and from what I heard the picture was better than on the original DVD.

It would be nice to have the CD but I will not rebuy this again!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I guess the one question that is being asked is:

Why?

Also is a four disc version of "Going My Way" far behind? This is most certainly is a leave it on the self for me and I guess that Best Buy will carry this and then say older films do not sell.

There are so many other titles that Universal could have done instead of spending time on Colorizing and making a CD soundtrack. More Fields, Island of Lost Souls, The Univited, anything would have been more exciting news than this.

Universal should read the news conernng the Fox and Warner profits, in that they increased their DVD sales and profits, true it was from some of the newer releases, but the older titles did not hurt them and Universal and Sony had decreasing DVD profits. Sony understands now.

And while I am on that soapbox. I cringe at all the advertising that Paramount is spending on their re-releasing of all their old 80's titles under "I Love The 80's" Think what that would have done for the Legend Paramount releases. Those titles are just as viable as the 80's collection, let alone what is still left in the vault. Paramount goes to the well again and again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks