What's new

Game of Thrones Season 4 (news and episodes discussion) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As great as the kids are on this show, it was nice to see an episode all about the adults. Everything from the throne room scene in Meereen where Daenerys's neat and tidy view of the world got shaken a bit, to Davos running the numbers for the Iron Bank in Braavos, to the trial of the century.
Sean Bryan said:
I was hoping he'd demand trial by combat. Great performance by Dinklage!
From a purely tactical standpoint, it was a brilliant move on Tyrion's part after his little chat with his brother. He knows that Jaime made some kind of deal with Tywin to keep him alive. He knows that if he's found guilty, the only way he survives is by taking the black, and that life on the wall for a dwarf probably wouldn't last very long.And then Cersei pulled that stunt with Shae and just ripped his heart out, which was probably the last push he needed. In trial by combat, if he survives, he goes free. And if he doesn't survive, Tywin's dynasty goes up in smoke.The looks on Margaery's face as the trial went on were just perfect. She knows for a fact that Tyrion's innocent, and she's seeing how they're dragging him through the mud, and she smart enough to know that that could just as easily by her in the chains someday.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Well said. But you missed the most exciting part.
4 seasons later after having only seen him briefly in 1 episode (chopping off his horses head!) we are finally going to get a bit more time with The Mountain!

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Sam, you may wish to spoiler your post, as that revealed wasn't part of the episode (although it is in a lot of season previews).

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
You know I second that. In fact one of the best things about this thread up until this season is it allows people who haven't read the books to come and discuss the episodes without worrying about knowing where it is going. I heard little hints about the Red Wedding before it happened but fortunately I had forgotten them by the time it arrived and thankfully didn't have one of the best moments of Season 3 spoiled. Until this season I was completely in the dark and it is only now that I have caught up more or less with the books, but have only just finished a Feast of Crows so there are certainly things that are happening now that Im not caught up on.

It isn't just the obvious spoilers its also the little hints that something great is coming or this character is going to get better or something big is going to happen soon. I know it is difficult, I have made the same mistake myself in other things, but can we please not hint at developments for the future if possible. Or Id even argue a books readers thread should be included. Id certainly want to discuss the show as an adaptation of the books if I had read them and I guess it must be hard for people who have read them not to discuss differences etc. GoT is one of the most popular shows out there and is one of the few based on a book series so might it be worth an extra thread ? It is also where I have met the most people who have not read the books and don't want even a hint of what is going to happen next.

This forum has been more considerate than many others about this show in terms of spoilers and I am just asking for a little more restraint if possible. Quite frankly this is my favourite thing on TV right now and I sit at a crossroads deciding whether I should continue reading just so I can't be spoiled or to stop and wait as I miss not knowing what is going to happen on the show.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I would also agree that Dinklage tonight was amazing and that scene at the end of the episode had me hooked and swearing at the TV for stopping there.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I've been greatly anticipating Dinklage doing these scenes involving his trial and its aftermath, and he hasn't disappointed me. He's been brilliant, and I'm anticipating what's to come even MORE.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The way he kept looking at Cersei and Jamie. I swore he was about to say that Joffrey and the other children are theirs. But, I think he cares for Jamie for too much to humiliate him that way.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
OK, guess I disagree that stuff shown in the "coming next week" should be spoilered but I'll do so if it makes folks happy, done above! They show it immediately after each episode. Now if I had mentioned what I know of the plotline, that would clearly be out of bounds!

Edit to add: Here's the preview I am talking about:

For the record, info in the 30 second preview spots is fair game in the Survivor thread so that's my alibi for believing it would be here as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The spoilerizing of "On the next episode..." bits came full steam on the early seasons of "24", so most long-time folks here are used to spoilering the previews for the next episode(s), as some people want to watch the new episodes devoid of expectations tempered by the preview footage.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It's all good Simon, if I can help folks keep to their spoiler free regimen I'm happy to throw those tags around it. I am -very- excited for the second half of this season as the little deviations from the book keep me on my toes just as much as anticipating the big reveals!

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I must say I find the slight deviations interesting too and surprised by how well most of them work. I can tell from the episode titles where this is going to finish this season too and while I love the books I have read, I miss not knowing what was coming next on the show :) But you know when the sixth one comes out its going to be all over every media source what happens :)

"Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores"

After Bronns put down of Season 2 (There's no cure for being a c**t) this is one of the best yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks