What's new

Game of Thrones Season 4 (news and episodes discussion) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The fight was brutal, but there wasn't any surprise to the outcome once Oberon let his guard down.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That ending was absolutely epic, but I have to say that my favorite moment in the episode is a tie between:Sansa finally letting her mask slip and revealing herself as a real player in the gameorThe Hound and Arya finally arriving at the Eyrie only to learn that Lady Arryn had died three days earlier. Arya's reaction at the Hound's plans yet again crumbling to dust at the last possible moment -- and her fate with them -- is absolutely priceless.I also really liked the opening scene at the whore house in Mole's Town. Evidence once again that Gilly might not be educated, and she might not be polished, but she's not stupid.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Good episode, but I knew the ending was coming because dickheads on the Internet just want to see the world burn. I should just read the books and be done with worrying about spoilers.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
As a past reader of the books, I was a BIT let down by the fight...but, it was very well done.

Still, Arya's laugh was so very, very priceless. I'm still giggling. Perfect job by Maisie.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Not related to Tino's post above, but ONLY for those who read the books.... =)
How about that foreshadowing Littlefinger snuck in tonight? "Some men die squatting on the privy" =)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I knew it was coming but that was still a tense and brilliant end to another storming episode. And I loved the scene between Grey Worm and Missandei.

Pascal has been great this season and it is a real shame he had to go - even knowing the scene from the book I was still wondering whether they were going to change it but this is Thrones of course.

Whereas last season has the Red Wedding, there have been quite a few moments that have come close and still two episodes to go. Isn't the next one a Neil Marshall episode ??

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Sam Posten said:
Not related to Tino's post above, but ONLY for those who read the books.... =)
How about that foreshadowing Littlefinger snuck in tonight? "Some men die squatting on the privy" =)
I totally missed that. Nice catch!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was a great episode. Like no other show, this one constantly contains things that shock but yet don't seem out of place, and always in service of the story.

Very glad this isn't the season-ending cliffhanger!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I just finished the third book. It diverged with Arya's storyline, although it could always sync up in the last two episodes. There's a lot of material left to cover with Jon. And I wonder what will happen with Dany, since the third book essentially ended her storyline with Ser Jorah's disgrace. I felt the third book was at times tedious, but it got better towards the end.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Steve Tannehill said:
I just finished the third book. It diverged with Arya's storyline, although it could always sync up in the last two episodes. There's a lot of material left to cover with Jon. And I wonder what will happen with Dany, since the third book essentially ended her storyline with Ser Jorah's disgrace.I felt the third book was at times tedious, but it got better towards the end.
If you thought book three was tedious, I have a feeling you won't like book 4 much.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Tino said:
I hope this isn't a spoiler!
It isn't. I have not read the books beyond the middle of Book 3 so that I don't surpass the show. My impression is that Dany is becoming too principled in the face of needing to be reasonable, and her extreme line in the sand won't do her any favors going forward.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
The Moutain and the Viper batte was awesome but the ending was the most horrifying thing I have ever seen (and I have seen some pretty terrible things). I can't get over it. Double the pride and twice the fall. It sets up what's to come in a beautiful way, though.

For those who have not read the books, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks