What's new

Frasier and Cheers on DVD (1 Viewer)

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Probably 2 of the best "live action" comedy series to ever hit television: Cheers(1982-1993) and Frasier(1993-?). You have to admire the Frasier Series on so many levels. 1.)It's a spin-off that has successfully remained on television for about as long as it's predessessor did and it's very rare for a spin-off to last more than 1 or 2 seasons. 2.) A marriage took place on the show with two of the lead actors and the show has remained successful on TV. I actually like Frasier better than Cheers although Cheers is great show too. Now what about Wings? That show seemed to be played to death on USA, but I never got tired of watching any of those episodes. It was like Cheers at an Airport.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
is this a question? did you want to know if it's coming out on dvd. are you saying you would like it to be on dvd?;)

i would politely ask if that when you start a new thread to also add a more specific title to the thread.

like "is cheers or frasier on it's way to dvd?"

or if you were just starting a general thread maybe....
"cheers and frasier are 2 of my favorite shows, what are your opinions?"

i dont mean to sound grumpy but generic thread titles are somewhat frustrating.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, was there a question with that statement? :D Edit: Oops, looks like Tony beat me with that aspect by a couple of minutes!

Cheers and Frasier are both in-the-works, and Cheers is definately now known to be in it's original fullscreen presentation - indications of pseudo-wisescreen versions using the 'tilt-and-scan' process are definately not true, at least for this DVD release! :emoji_thumbsup:

No releae windows mentioned for either one. No art yet for Frasier. No idea about Wings, although I would dearly love it to come out as well!!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
DVDFile has mention of an interview with Paramount Home Entertainment SVP of Marketing Michael Arkin in Video Store Magazine which said these two series would be announced soon, along with more another The Real World box set and possibly I Love Lucy season sets.

It also mentioned that it was CBS who made the decision to go fullscreen on CSI and not Paramount.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I get it now. Thanks, Daniel.

DVDFile's roundup of information taken from the interview, about Paramount TV-on-DVD plans (which mention Cheers - Ted Danson's face adorns the DVDFile header today - and Frasier), is mostly comprised of items that have individually been discussed here on HTF, and elsewhere, as far back as four months ago. But it's good to hear things from the "horse's mouth", so-to-speak:

* Full season sets of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
* Full season sets of Deep Space Nine
* Cheers and Frasier are coming soon
* Real World will get a box set soon
* I Love Lucy will convert to season box sets (they left out that this will start with Season 2)
* DVDFile separately comments about how CSI Season 1 will be in fullscreen, but "the decision..came from CBS" and the aspect ratio is the same overseas, but he concludes with this: "Let's just hope those in charge decide to change their minds starting with season two onward..." Well, we here at HTF already know well and good that from S2 onward the DVDs are supposed to be widescreen, so it seems like a lock that their 'hopes' will be fulfilled. :)

For anyone interested in reading the original interview, find it here.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm excited about both Cheers and Frasier. I do wonder what boxed sets of Real World mean. I certainly hope season 1 was successful enough that I'll get my season 3. I have no interest in "greatest moments" or "too hot for TV".

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
for those cheers completest out there Wings would be a nice addition along with cheer and frasier, as some of the cheers cast had made some cameos on wings.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Cheers is being transfered to HD. I wonder if they will use the same masters for the DVD?

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry guys, I forgot to mention that they were mentioned at DVDFile which influenced me to start this topic.

"cheers cast had made some cameos on wings."
I remember Frasier and Lil working with a group who had low self-esteems. Anyone know of any others?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks