What's new

Frasier: The Complete Series Blu-ray - 11/08/22 (1 Viewer)

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn

It’s a shame that Season 10 is 16x9 because that confirms they’re using the old HD masters for that season which are completely cropped from 4x3. I would assume it’s too late to contact them about changing this but I’ll give it a shot.

Note that they are 100% confirmed to have uncropped 4x3 HD masters of Season 10:

I have just contacted MovieZyng to make them aware of this - it would be great if others do the same. Even if it’s too late (which I’d assume it is), it’s good for them to be aware of this to avoid similar situations in the future or even for a potential quiet fix down the track.

Email [email protected]

EVERY HILARIOUS EPISODE ON 44 DISCS. The doctor is in! Frasier: The Complete Series includes all eleven seasons of the award-winning spinoff from Cheers. Kelsey Grammer reprises his Emmy Award-winning role as Dr. Frasier Crane, a stuffy psychiatrist turned call-in radio host who struggles to follow his own advice. Frasier features an amazing ensemble cast, including John Mahoney as Martin, Frasier's gruff, ex-cop father, Jane Leeves as Daphne, the eccentric British housekeeper, and David Hyde Pierce in his Emmy Award-winning role as Dr. Niles Crane, Frasier's neurotic brother. Enjoy the show's most memorable moments like an uncomfortable visit from Sam 'Mayday' Malone (Ted Danson reprising his role from Cheers) in "The Show Where Sam Shows Up," Niles defending his adulterous wife's honor in a fencing duel in "An Affair to Forget" and the emotional series finale, "Goodnight, Seattle." Frasier: The Complete Series features over 250 hilarious episodes.​

Specifications​

• UPC: 810103681842
  • Home Release: 2022-11-08
  • Original Release: 1993-2004
  • Content Provider: CBS
  • Runtime: 5885
  • Genre: Comedy
  • Language: English
  • Format:
  • Screen:
  • Aspect: 16x9 1.33 Pillarbox (S1-S9)/16x9 1.78 (S10-S11)
  • Rating: NR
  • Audio: DTS 2.0
  • Color/BW: Color
  • Special Features: Observations, Analyses and Good-Byes; Frasier Says Farewell; Behind The Couch: The Making Of Frasier; Frasier Crane's Apartment; Season One Celebrity Voices; and more featurettes. NOTE: This product is manufactured on demand in the BD-R format. It will play in nearly all leading Blu-ray players that have the latest firmware updates, but Microsoft Xbox One does not currently support BD-R playback.
  • Copyright: TM & 2022 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.
  • Number of Discs: 33
  • Disc Format: BD-50

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I hope the commentary tracks for the pilot episode and The Matchmaker are ported over from the DVD releases. Even though the aspect ratio, or what is or isn’t on the screen might be not what was intended, the upgrade in picture quality is a good trade off.

Al_D

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if this set will only be on burned blu-ray discs and not the pressed discs like the Charmed set started out with.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I was not aware they had remastered seasons 1-9 in HD. The copies on Paramount+ are the usual old transfers from Betacam.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
If they really went back to the original negatives and did new scans I would be interested but if not, I will live with the DVDs. The early seasons look rather poor and would benefit from a fresh scan from original elements. Fingers crossed for a true upgrade and not just an up-rez.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't think anyone uses "burned" discs any more, especially a major studio. Not sure why that keeps coming up.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
I don't think anyone uses "burned" discs any more, especially a major studio. Not sure why that keeps coming up.
Because unfortunately you are incorrect. Paramount does indeed still use them. They have recently re-released Jersey Girl as well as a number of other rare and out of print Blu-rays on BD-R only.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I stand corrected. Though I agree that this release is likely to be regular manufactured discs. Given the title, the number of discs involved, and the upcoming revivial of the series, I don't think Paramount would go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks